“Take out Italian”

Pastificio
Ranked #30 of 61 Restaurants in Highwood
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Could call it a "take and bake" The pasta was excellent but the spinach lasagne was pricey for what it was.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I LOVE Pastaficio. The offering is Northern Italian. Everything is fresh, no preservatives and the highest quality ingredients are used. I discovered Pastaficio yeas ago. I am Italian and grew up with my Grandmother and Aunt making all of our meals. The idea of eating Italian out was a silly idea. Nonetheless as a working mom my time is limited and it turns out I am not the cook that my grandmother was! Then I discovered Pastaficio. I wanted my children/family to have high quality meals that were nutritious, delicious, filling and relatively easy to make. I hit the jackpot. Here are my(and my family) favorites: meat or meatless lasagna(northern Italian recipe and DELICIOUS), chicken and veal parmigiana, Italian beef, fresh pasta, chicken tenders. As my boys grew and became heavily involved in sports I stocked up on the Italian beef and Italian bread for late night "snacks". My boys loved it! Very filling and seriously tasty. Ultimately, I knew that my family was eating delicious, healthy food, they liked their meals and I never felt guilty for a minute that I had bought "prepared" food. (I will not buy grocery store national brand prepared foods.)
Patty, the owner is sweet, friendly, conversational and always helpful with selections. The store is small with a large kitchen on the backside of the building. This is not a sit down restaurant - it is a store selling fresh Italian food, with a to-go luncheon buffet and a large selection of fresh-frozen entrees and sides (great for stocking up for family dinners). They also cater. They round out the food offering with a nice selection of Italian desserts, wines, Italian olive oils, vinegars, assorted ingredients and other imported specialty items. This has been an important resource for me. I visit about every 4-6 weeks and stock up for the month. Highly recommend.

2  Thank BarbaraLouise
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Again with the great finds during Highwood festivals! The pasta selections are amazing, fresh and delicious! The store is a small market of fresh, frozen and retail items. I don't have much to say other than go, eat and enjoy, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

2  Thank With4kidsonthego