“Nice Dinner on the Patio”
Review of Oregano's

Oregano's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This little strip mall restaurant is easily passed by, but take the time to stop for a meal. My friend and I had dinner outside on the patio and it was a relaxing and nice evening. Although it is on the corner of a busy intersection, the patio is set back far enough that it is quiet. Surrounded by trees and birds makes for a nice atmosphere. I wish the metal chairs had cushions, but we stayed and talked at length and that was our problem.
The food was good. The bread was yummy, and the servings are large. Plan to take some home. This is an Italian restaurant so expect lots of cheese. It was a bit salty the last time I went, but not enough to keep me away. They have a full bar and desserts also.
The service was just right. Our server was attentive but left us alone unless we needed her. It was a very nice evening. A family with younger children was there and they seemed to enjoy it also, so I think this is a fine place for friends, family and children. I have never sat inside, so I can't say anything about that atmosphere. But, sit outside when you can.

Date of visit: May 2014
1  Thank 41christined

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The annual meeting was big hit due to the dinner at Oregano's and the staff was friendly and prompt. Made arrangement in advance to make sure we had at least two servers. Since we had 32 people setup was mostly tables of eight. As can be imagined their where some timing issues. Overall every one of the 32 people said yes to next year. Yes their prices are a bit high but portions are good and every thing was made fresh, They do cater to a organic Gluten free diets which is not very common in our area . the banquet room was small but had the bar and a bartender available in the room. and home made chips on the tables which did not last very long. overall a very good experience.

Date of visit: November 2013
3  Thank SemperFi1775
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Service was both pleasant and friendly. We tipped accordingly.

Although portions were not skimpy, the quality of the food served did not merit taking the leftovers home. The Specialty Boneless Pork Oregano, 3 center-cut boneless pork chops that I had, priced at $15.95 was tough beyond belief.

We will not return to this overpriced local establishment. There are far too many impressive places to eat in the area to consider returning to Oregano's.

Date of visit: July 2013
1  Thank hourglassman
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We recently dined at Oregano's after Foglia's Preschool graduation with several parents and students. I made reservations for 14 and specifically said there would 5 small children with one being autistic child. While our food was good the service was HORRIBLE coming from the OWNER himself!

...we all ordered our meals together yet they all came out at different times...lengthy times like 15-20 minutes apart for the kids pizza! The children were getting restless and the owner never once came by to see how we were doing. Instead he stood behind the counter and just gave glares as if he was annoyed! Apparently he never had an autistic child dine at his restaurant, yes they make occasional outburst but there was only 3 other patrons in the place! The hostess who was about 16 came up to me and said the owner wanted the kids markers taken away. The kids had Crayola mini coloring markers and a coloring book which I gave them, the hostess said he doesn't want them to accidently draw on the table cloths (which were plastic and can be washed off if that was the case) I said no problem & took them away. But I thought why didn't he come tell me himself? The kids obviously were getting bored and restless, I kept asking our waitress what was taking so long for the pizza's she said they were coming. The meals for us adults came 1/2hr after the pizza's for the kids came out...it was just a horrible experience. The owner thanked a couple at the opposite end of the restaurant from us when they left, yet never said anything to the 14 of us which made his business for the night. Our waitress was thankful and expressed her gratitude for our generous tip and stated we were her only table for the night. I just could not get over how UNPROFESSIONAL the owner was! Oregano's advertises "Graduation Parties" on their billboard sign off Gilmer Rd. take your business else where for Graduation Parties, this owner does NOT appreciate the business & seems unwelcoming to children with disabilities!

Date of visit: May 2013
2  Thank Mel L
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Oregano is a small restaurant with high prices for what you get. Tables are close together and the room was very drafty when we were there. Tables are next to the exits. A chicken Marsala dish was $16 - tasty and large portions. The salad was nothing special. Although service was excellent, this is not a restaurant that will be a favorite.

1  Thank travelnews4U