“Solid performer”

Pearl Garden Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Upwey
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here for over 20yrs. Popped in for lunch with my dad and it was business as usual. Fine Chinese flavours, typical choices and dishes, super service. 1st time for a lunch here...dinner see's the joint usually full with takeaway flying out the door. Solid local performer patronised well by locals...this IS Chinese food for all. (Prices as you expect but creeping up a little but matched by serving size...dig in!)
Sorry...no pics.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Went here for dinner and the food was really good My wife had vegitairian spring rolls as an entree which were fresh and tasty and i had the fried dim sims oh my god you won't find a better dim sim.For mains my wife had the sesame seed scallops (entree) so fresh and delicious you get about 8 and i had the fried duck in orange and plum sauce which was nice and not greasy and we also had a special fried rice small to share and it cost $55 for 2 also the service was excellent and the place was full and also lots of take away being ordered as well so highly recommended we wennt on a Friday night.

1  Thank Markfrogman
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Delicious food!! We go here often with a large group. Food is always great. Never disappointed!! Yum yum!! Great service and friendly staff. Big thumbs up

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We've been coming here for 15 years. In all that time we've never had a bad take-away. Dine in has always been very good indeed.
Well, we went to a different Chinese Restaurant the night previous and didn't like it. We said 'lets try the Pearl Gardens and do a comparison'.
Pearl Gardens HANDS DOWN WINNER. No contest.
We had sweet and sour bbq pork(main), Entres of prawn cutlets and home made spring roll (seriously big). It was about $21 take away. I thought that very good.
We enjoyed it very much. I'm a big man, the home made spring roll is sized to suit - eating 2 as an entre would be 'heroic' and I'm glad I got just the one. The sweet and sour pork was excellent. Nice flavour, nice texture, all round spot on meal.
The waiters here have always been 'brusque' - easy to think them rude and I've seen comments to say that. I'll say just maybe on that - they are busy - it is a popular restaurant and they work like crazy hard rushing. Small talk is not their thing.
For a good night out, sensible price, good service - and approaching great on everything - Pearl Gardens has delivered to us time and again.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We have been going to this chinese restaurant regularly for about 15 years, it is our all time favourite, never had a bad meal there and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Love it.