Open today: 09:00 - 16:30
Review Highlights
Great stay for October colors

Wonderful stay in lakeside cottage. Cute, kitchy, convenient, and very comfortable. We were... read more

Reviewed 20 October 2020
debr386
Midlothian, Illinois
via mobile
Will Definitely be Going Back

Spent the night in the Cabin on Top of the Hill with our 6 year old granddaughter and had a... read more

Reviewed 6 September 2020
jmdfaf
Carol Stream, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews butterfly house hiking trails fishing playground membership
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2014

We had been here about 1 1/2 years ago and just went back today for their 1st Harvest Days event. It is such a drastic change I am so glad we gave it another chance. I had no idea all the improvements they made. The petting zoo part is completely redone, with lots of animals. The new bird enclosures are nice as well. I am not sure if it was there last time bc we never went in, but the discovery center or whatever the room is called in the building toward the entrance where you start out is great, it has so much for kids to do and learn, and the woman in charge of it is very good with kids and knowledgeable. We saw every animal that we visited fairly close up including the bear, wolves, otters, and buffalo. Love that they have so much land to live on.

I hope they continue the Harvest Days yearly, the hayrack ride was fun and lots of vendors and activities in the petting zoo area for kids-pumpkin toss, observing a cider press and sampling some cider, shelling corn, a pig race, etc and food/drink for sale there as well. The old farm house is neat to go in as well, and the new garden looks amazing. So glad to see the place looking much better kept up, we spent several hours here and could have spent longer!

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank IL4891
Reviewed 9 September 2014

The management, the food, the hall, the view all exceeded expectations! We traveled here from OH and were pleasantly surprised, as well as, folks that were local to the area. The management was very accommodating, overseeing to make sure things exceeded expectations. The food was awesome: roast beef carving station, mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken alfredo, green beans, salad, rolls; everything was fresh, hot and tasty! The hall overlooked the Bison and Elk enclosure which just enhanced the experience. The glass doors/walls opening up on the dance floor to an outdoor patio, stupendous! Highly recommend!

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank JaxNuge961
Reviewed 5 September 2014

My father told my sister and I about this place and we were a bit skeptical. We thought that it'd be a lame little animal garden. But we were SO wrong! This place is fantastic! It took us a few hours to get through the whole place and it was so much fun! We got to see some wild animals like bison, wolves, bobcats, and bears etc in more natural habitats, which was quite nice. Also, we absolutely loved the barnyard animal section. If you have a few quarters to spare, you can buy animal food and feed some of the animals such as goats, sheep, ducks, chickens, and cows. :D We had a blast. There's also a cute little butterfly house as well. The place is kind of in the middle of nowhere, so it might be a bit difficult to find. Also, when you are entering the park with your car, be careful and drive slowly because you are in a forested area with wild animals. I say this because when we went in, we almost hit a deer that decided to jump out on the road.

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank Alysia R
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My spouse and I stayed at the park in a caboose with our two grandchildren. They were so excited to see the deer that we decided to go on the Adventure Trek that goes out into the field and feeds the deer/elk. They got to feed a bison named "BIG MIKE". It was so great watching the elk running after the golf cart that the zookeepers had with food. Of course don't forget all of the other animals, the train ride and the 52 foot slide. We bought wax paper so the slide would be faster going down. In the evening when we were at the caboose the elk and the bison came over by the fenced area. It such a peaceful area (except for the loudness of my grandkids). It is definitely a lot of FUN!

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I must admit I was here in 2013 on a tour and we did not have much time to explore to this year I came with my partner and his friends met us and we spent a few hours here. The TREK bus [extra fee] was the best part as we were allowed inside the Bison/Elk area and got to feed a Bison. There is a lot to see on the TREK and the volunteers were very knowledgeable. Seeing the Caboose and cabins that are available for rent has caused us to plan another visit and stay overnight for several days. It is interesting to learn that this land was once a coal mining area. We did not walk too much..another reason to come back and do those hikes! A great park for families too.

Date of experience: August 2014