Open today: 09:00 - 16:30
Review Highlights
Great stay for October colors

Wonderful stay in lakeside cottage. Cute, kitchy, convenient, and very comfortable. We were... read more

Reviewed 20 October 2020
debr386
Midlothian, Illinois
via mobile
Will Definitely be Going Back

Spent the night in the Cabin on Top of the Hill with our 6 year old granddaughter and had a... read more

Reviewed 6 September 2020
jmdfaf
Carol Stream, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews butterfly house hiking trails fishing playground membership
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2014

As usual we loved being at the park. I don't know if it was just timing but there weren't that many animals that we could see. In the bird aviary there was some pretty big bird dead in its cage. It was sad no one had noticed. We did get super close to the fence with the black bears and saw a black bear that was close enough to touch if anyone have the nerve! (LOL) The train is fun but the scenery is boring. I wish the train ride showed more of the park. Kids LOVED the 50 ft slide. We had some fleece blankets with us and they went flying! it was the highlight of the day. I went to get them t-shirts and was super disappointed in the prices and selection. The newer, cooler ones were upwards of $20-$30 each. The cheaper ones I could afford were decorated with nothing to do with the park like kittens or puppies. needless to say my kids left without a souvenier.

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank jachooz
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a great place to see a wide variety of animals in one place. I enjoyed walking along the trails and seeing the animals. I enjoyed seeing the badger and the eagles the most. The park is very nice and the trails are easy to follow.

Date of experience: May 2014
3  Thank magiccode12
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had reservations for 1:30 pm for the Easter Buffet . We had heard they had good food . Arrived at 1:00 pm and they were backed up . Went to report in that we were there . Hostice said she would call us when they were ready to seat us . After 45 " went by we checked again . She said they were runing 1 hr behind . No clean dishes and no bus boys to clean tables . It would be at least 1 hour + . We told her to cancel our reservation we didn't want to wait a hour or more . I figured they would run out of food by then . This was very poor planing on there part . I don't think I will ever come back . Glad we hadn't got a membership . Sorry we had supported them by buying wild life Prarie park Licience plates . We went to Galesburg il went Sirloin Stockade and had a good meal . We were seated quickly had excellent service and good meal . They had prepared called in extra help in kitchen and waitress . Don't waste your time going to wildlife Prarie Park .

Date of experience: April 2014
2  Thank Chief85
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We visited during the last weekend of March, outside of the normal travel season, so that may be part of the reason we didn't enjoy our trip as much as others. While we did save a dollar a person, it seemed as if half of the park was closed down. Several exhibits were empty, and the buildings were closed. The buffalo were 600 yards away. Several of the enclosures were in need of repair. We felt as if they should have warned us that half the park was closed, and we probably should have asked for a refund on the way out, as it was not cheap.

Date of experience: April 2014
4  Thank z28colt
Reviewed 20 March 2014

What a beautiful place to visit!! It's all in it's natural settings. The kids LOVED it and so did I! Great dining area as well. You get to look out the "all glass" (on one side) while dining. We saw adult and baby elk as well as adult and baby buffalo while enjoying our lunch. It was awesome!!

Date of experience: May 2013