“The Pit. Great Neighborhood Joint”
Review of Backyard Steak Pit

Backyard Steak Pit
Ranked #19 of 153 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Has been in Gurnee for at least 20 years.
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

A throwback joint, “where everybody knows your name.” Good food. Nice cocktail pours. Open pit charcoal cooking. Great overall vibe.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

A nice restaurant to get a great meal. I had the fried shrimp with the garlic mashed potatoes. A very generous serving. Large shrimp. Red skin potatos mashed. Very flavorful. I would definitely visit again. Nice staff! Moderately priced.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Group of 9; great service, great steaks and great ambiance. My first time to the steak pit and it did not disappoint. It’s a little pricey but the size of the entree was significant. You get what you pay for!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

My wife and I went to this restaurant for a romantic dinner. Our experience was great. The steaks were cooked perfectly to order. I ordered the 32 oz Porterhouse and it was amazing. I would recommend this cut, even if you don't plan to finish it all.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

This locally owned restaurant located just off Grand Ave. is the perfect place to go for an intimate dinner, great food and service or just to hang with your friends at the large bar. The food is superb and the staff from the owners down couldn't be any nicer! We visit this restaurant frequently for libations and to hang with our friends! Don't just read it, go check it out!

1  Thank lidolibido