All reviews beach bag bluetooth speaker electric bikes bay house pool bar lovely relaxing hotel your partner garden view best hotel we have ever stayed haven t dressing gowns tortillas pool staff four nights relaxing stay mobility issues excellent hotel
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I have to say that my partner and I loved this hotel.

Once I'd decided that I wanted to go to Port de Soller the choice of hotels was really between Bikini or the Jumeirah hotel just up the road.

I'm so glad I made the choice I did.

It has just the right balance of casual, quirky, fun chic but with a healthy dose of luxury. It felt relaxing from the time we arrived to when we left. Although we did not eat lunch or dinner there, the breakfasts were wonderful - soo much choice. The food in the bar by the pool was also lovely.

Location-wise it is also perfect - with a small walk into town. Although it is quite a steep road so those who have trouble walking might have problems.

One morning we booked the courtesy car for a few hours to drive into the hills. We thought it would be a small/mini hatchback but when we picked the keys we found it was a Mercedes C-Class Convertible!! Wow!

Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Kevin S, Director of Sales at Bikini Island & Mountain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Hola Kevin,

thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Next time I hope you will also join us for dinner.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Everything in this hotel is amazing. The boho-chique ambiance everywhere. Incense and candles in your room and everywhere in the hotel gives you the most relaxed feeling ever. If you have a room with a balcony you have a hammock(how cool is that!) and if you have a Terras you have a sofa. . I have never seen a breakfast buffet this good. Most food is organic, besides regular milk they offer almond or oat milk sweetened or unsweetened, organic cereals, freshly baked bread ( dark or light with seeds etc. ), croissants and other kinds of pastries. Homemade hummus, and other vegan blends. Salmon and home made tuna spread. I can write about this buffet for another hour. Another hour I can write about the evening menu. Again loads of Mediterranean vegan or vegetarian options as well as meat and fish. If I’d known the hotel was this fantastic I would have stayed longer. I am definitely coming back here. Loved it with a passion.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Kevin S, Director of Sales at Bikini Island & Mountain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hola Gabrielle,

thank you so much for taking the time to write this beautiful review. We appreciate it!

We are happy to hear you had such a great time and enjoyed your stay with us!

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Hopefully see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Oh dear. Booked this hotel as a last minute anniversary treat. Rarely review but felt compelled to offer a warning. Hotel is beautiful for photos so you (like us) may be seduced by the photos.
The positives. Beautiful setting, trees and planting gorgeous. Rooms quiet. Expensive toiletries, boom box, hairdryer, espresso maker in rooms. When the ceiling started pouring water in the night, when sockets didn't work and floor tiles were cracked and dangerous, they did their best to resolve these problems.
The negatives. Rooms are small and dark. They have clearly spent a fortune on design, but with a view to style (photos) over practicality. Rooms are decorated in dark colours (why??) with poor lighting requiring lights on at all times. You will need the torch on your phone when you are looking in a cupboard. No kettle to make a cup of tea (don't bother asking, the answer is no, although we were told you might be able to get a hot water out of the espresso maker in the room...try warm not hot enough to make tea). Wine in the bar is delivered pool side in plastic tumblers (warm and pricey).
We were promised the nearest room to the pool, no children and that sunloungers with towels on for more than 30mins had the towels removed. None of this was true. So you may have to join the early morning fight for sunoungers if you don't want to be in like sardines at the back.
So, the hotel does not deliver what it promises and is missing out on revenue. We spent very little at the hotel (other than the overpriced room) but a lot in the shop down the hill on drinks, food etc which we kept in the room fridge. Bikini, sort a kettle, not sure you are really aiming at British tourists, but for many Brits a kettle would be good. Deliver what you promise and sort the warm plastic drinks glasses you will sell a lot more drinks! Potential guests, my conscience is clear, it's beautiful for photos, if that's important you'll love it!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karenleonard1

Dear Karen,

First, I want to thank you for your feedback. While I wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I am sorry to hear that you didn't like the design of our rooms. We usually receive great feedback. In regards to the lighting in our rooms we take a lot of care about the mood it generates. A relaxed and intimate feel can be achieved by lowering overall lighting levels, and subduing colors. Warm, soft light is really what we are looking for. We apologize for the inconvenience if the light was not sufficient enough for you.
As you mentioned in your review, our rooms are not the biggest and we tried to use the space we had the best we can. So we decided on Nespresso machines, offering free of charge coffee to our guest. When not using any coffee capsules the hot water can be used for tea.
Wine is served in reusable plastic glasses at the pool for safety reasons.
We do try to remove all towels placed to reserve sun loungers, however, this can be tricky.
I am sorry we couldn't fulfil all your needs. However I do hope you will come to visit us again.
I would be happy to make your reservation personally and and see to it that you enjoy the experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

All the best,

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Absolutely great Hotel. As it was opened just a few weeks ago it feels a little like a secret spot on the Island. Lovely decorations, good Service, great food and tasteful drinks. Very nice pool area with Pool bar serving food and drinks of high quality. The promenade of Port Sóller can be reached within even less than 5 minutes walking. If I return to Mallorca I would always come back to this place!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hola Bruno,

thank for taking the time to write this nice review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

A beautiful looking hotel with a wonderful decor and lovely outside space. Unfortunately, rooms were quite small and although the cupboards and style make the rooms seems very liveable and chic, in fact they made the room really awkward with no desk space without having to open a cupboard door. I think it was very silly having a nespresso machine inside a dark cupboard - how can you see the coffee you’re making!? Besides the pokey aspects of the room, the breakfast and terrace area is lovely although I did find an eggshell in my scrambled egg one day.

We wanted to leave the hotel on a high note and I had said I would love to return, however when we were checking out, it came to our attention that the reception had taken the payment for the hotel days in advance from the card we had simply reserved the booking with - this was not written on our booking confirmation and the hotel admitted this was an error on their behalf. This caused a lot of inconvenience for us and although the staff on reception were helpful in trying to sort this out, we could see the managers just sitting in the back of the office minding their own business. It took over 2 hours for this error to be sorted and all we got in return was a drink whilst we waited. When I say sorted, the hotel took an hour to refund me the money to the card which was used to make the reservation and when we got the money refunded, we realised that the amount refunded was less than the amount charged due to a different exchange rate! We then paid with the card we originally wanted to pay with and the amount was still different on this due to a different exchange rate once again. Therefore, we were overcharged for an error which the hotel had made! Overall, very poor customer service and management, the team were very unapologetic and it seemed as though it was our fault that this happened. I so wanted to love this hotel but you really tainted my stay which is a real shame.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Izzy G

Dear Izzy,

thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
I want to apologize again in the name of our Front Offie Staff. As we explained you on site, by mistake the money was charged and not blocked which is our fault. As you wanted to pay with another card and get the money back on the card used for the booking a difference of 2,22€ in the exchange rate occurred. Tina, one of our Front Office Staff members, gave you back this difference in cash from their tips. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Our Front Office Staff invited you and your partner for a drink of your liking at the bar in the meantime.
The time it takes for the refund is unfortunately not in our hands since that depends on the speed of the banks and can in some cases even take a couple days.
During the second payment you were able to decide to pay in GBP or Euros. You decided to pay in GBP which automatically charges you the exchange rate (DCC). Again we have no influence on that. Steffi, our Revenue and Reservations Manager, however explained you all of this.

We regret that this incident changed your opinion of our hotel.

I hope that I can convince you to come again for another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back.