All reviewsgreat roomillinois riverpere marquettestate parkgiant chess boardnewer wingfried chicken dinnerhiking trailsindoor poolbunk bedsgreat hikinghot tubcabin roomsconference centerbreakfast buffetgreat river roadeagle watch
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Since we could not get a room at the lodge at Starved Rock, my wife and I decided to stay at Pere Marquette Lodge in Grafton, Illinois. The Lodge was nice, but there were a couple of things that slightly bothered us. They may be small things, but things that should have been caught by housekeeping. The first thing we noticed was a pubic hair that was on the toilet. It made us wonder how much they cleaned the bathroom. We also noticed something on the wall by the bed. It looked like somebody wiped their nose on it, which was kind of disgusting. Maybe those things wouldn't bother some people, but they are things that should have been caught. Overall, it was an ok stay. The lodge has a nice sitting area with a fireplace. But I noticed other little things that need to be fixed, like the screws that were sticking out of the top of the bathroom mirror. It's not one major thing about the lodge that makes me not want to go back, but a lot of little things.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Wow! !! What a wonderful stay we had! Everything was excellent! We stayed in a cabin. The room was very clean the king bed was very comfy with a soft duvet and plenty of down pillows! We came for the Friday night haunted hunt with Altered State Paranormal and it was most excellent! We had a great time. The staff was Friendly and we enjoyed a tasty breakfast and dinner that was reasonable in price. The great room is cozy and rustic we enjoyed wine from the in house Mary Michelle wine tasting room. We plan to make this an annual trip!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I have been to this lodge before and have stayed at the lodge with my family.
This time I took my parents and my wife and kids for their Sunday Brunch.
We were given a make shift table next to the kitchen when there were several tables in the dining room and in the room where the brunch was. When asked to be moved because of the noise from the
kitchen we were told they could not move us.
We paid the same amount as anyone else and the service was very poor. Would never go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jeetu063
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Thisis our fifth time of for our group to stay at Pere Marquette lodge. The setting is beautiful especially in the fall of the year. The staff is extremely pleasent, kind and helpful. The food is delicious. We have already made our reservations for next year.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We were a little hesitant to book and stay based on a few of the reviews, but we decided to give the place a try. I have to tell you that it was just fun. From check in when the gentleman told us the only animals that could stay were party animals, to the pool or hiking trails we had a great time. The rooms were nicely done although a little musty smelling, but the kids loved the bunk beds and we enjoyed the big bede. The restaurant was way busy so I would suggest seeking alternatives for meals. the meals we did have were really good and the service although they were busy was still good. We did an owl hike on friday night and that wa really neat, thanks to Mr. Scott from the park.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family