“Good Eats”
Review of Yanni's Greek

Yanni's Greek
Reserve with OpenTable
Yanni's Greek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 169 Restaurants in Glenview
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We came here to celebrate a birthday. We enjoyed the wine from Santorini on the "Specials" menu. It was delicious!! The olive tapanade is wonderful. The flaming saganacki was very good and fun!! I enjoyed the moussaka. Everyone ordered something different and all of the meals were plentiful and tasty.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

In June, I wrote a very favorable review of our dining experience at this restaurant, but our recent experience was far from enjoyable, mostly due to the poor service. In general, we did not receive the attention we deserve as restaurant patrons. Our server was apparently overworked, inexperienced or not well trained. No one ever came to the table to ask if we needed anything, instead we had to call out to get attention.

We asked our server for bread and olive oil for our table, waited more than 15 minutes and asked again. After the fourth (firm) request, the bread arrived, but no oil. We had to ask for oil again and wait again. We had to ask to have the appetizer plates cleared when our entrees arrived. These efforts did not make for a relaxing dining experience.

We came to our table with drinks from the bar and did not order wine, but the wine glasses were never removed from our table.

Our friend asked for a water refill and when the server brought him a glass of water instead of bringing a pitcher, I indicated I needed a refill, too. Again, a glass of water was brought to the table instead of a pitcher that could refill of all four of our glasses.

Kitchen Note: The food was nicely prepared but every dish was much too salty.

This is a beautiful restaurant space in a perfect location, however this was not by any means a pleasant dining experience, mostly because of the very poor customer service.

1  Thank Ferns444
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Had a fabulous meal at Yanni's last night. Husband and I shared the halibut special - probably the best halibut we've ever tasted! It was soft and lemon buttery and just melted in your mouth. The roasted potatoes were delish. The moussaka which we also shared was outstanding. Zucchini appetizer was light and crispy and tsatziki was yummy. Can't wait to go back again!!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We stopped here on a Friday night around 7 to have a drink on the outside patio. We walked by Flight which was packed inside and out. We walked by Yardhouse which was also packed in and out. State and Main the same as well as Bravo.

We entered the restaurant and saw absolutely no one sitting inside around their huge bar. Not a single soul??? Very strange. Then we viewed the inside dining area and there were only a few tables filled. Most of the restaurant was empty. We walked to the outdoor bar to sit. We were the only ones at the bar with no bartender in sight. We asked a waiter about the bartender and he said he could serve us.

Unfortunately, I enjoy a selection of chardonnay wines. I don't care if they only serve greek wines but don't tell me you only have one!!!! It is always the case when restaurants only have one selection that the wine is terrible. Lo and behold it tasted tart not buttery or oakey as I like them.

We ended up leaving and joining the crowd at another restaurant.

We were just shocked that on a summer Friday night with beautiful weather, that this restaurant was dead!!! They have a beautiful patio and it was empty! So strange. We couldn't figure out what is going on here. For me, I know I will not go back until they have a better selection of wine. For the Glen, it was just odd that the Glen was jumping this evening and this place was silent. If they can't fill this on a night like this, the cold winter months will kill them for sure. Its too bad. Its nice to have different food selections in the Glen.

Get it together Yannis or move over so another good restaurant can fill the void.

2  Thank ChicagoDublin
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Outdoor seating was covered and had a comfortable feel with a full service bar and TV screen. Our dinner started with a warm cauliflower and couscous appetizer which was very tasty, but a bit too spicy for my palette. Bread served with the appetizer was soft with a crunchy crust - very good, but we should have asked for some olive oil to go with it. We both ordered the whitefish which came as a generous portion, fresh, grilled to perfection and served in a lemon sauce. Entrees come with a choice of sides. We chose the green beans and the mixed grilled vegetables. Both were prepared in oil, Greek style, and the green beans were the tastier of the two. The baklava dessert came in two pieces which was easy to share and was crisp and delicious. The ice cream with it was unnecessary and nothing special. Service around us seemed to be very good, although our server disappeared indoors for a bit too long. I found the font on the menu difficult to read so make sure you bring your glasses. All in all a very nice experience with very good food.

1  Thank Ferns444