“Fun, little diner....food and service both very good.”
Review of Geneva Diner

Geneva Diner
Ranked #33 of 155 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 June 2017

We took our 24 year-old niece there after attending a show at the Kane County Fairgrounds. We had selected another place, but it was closed on Sunday. Since she was taking the train back to Chicago we headed toward the station. As we passed the diner she said it didn't look to be busy so we parked. The place was packed, but the gave us a tiny table for three. With all the activity it seemed they added this one as an afterthought and it was very tight. Lots of bumping, but nothing you can't handle.
However, the service and food were very good. We especially like the three salad lunch. Egg, tuna and chicken salad with cottage cheese. However with the three salads you received one slice of bread cut into two. Couldn't figure out how to make that work so asked for another piece. Our waitress quickly delivered. My husband also loved his gyro.
The only real complaint was the bathroom. It is in the basement and was not very clean. Also, they were out of toilet paper. (Always have a tissue in your purse!)

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Food was good. Staff very friendly. I wouldn't recommend it for more than 4 people. It was a bit cozy sitting at the breakfast counter. But enjoyable. Reminded me of the old time dinner in small towns. Would vusit agian.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We ended up here recently when the fancy breakfast place in Geneva (Buttermilk) basically told us: "by the time you get a table, we'll be closed". Geneva diner is just a couple of blocks down State St and I'm happy we wandered in. The front portion of the place has old fashioned counter service. While we waited for them to prepare our table, I noticed that the waitress and at least a couple of the customers knew each other by name (how small town!). The back area is pretty small - maybe 7 or 8 tables only. Also, the bathroom is down a narrow flight of stairs into the basement. Keep that in mind if you're going here. The menu is pretty extensive and includes options for kids. I thought the food was actually pretty good and the portions were just right (maybe a little smaller than the average breakfast place but I didn't mind that at all). The waitress was pleasant and coffee refills were flowing nonstop. All in all, we'd definitely come back here again.

3  Thank robus1
Reviewed 13 February 2017

an old school diner that does it right! good food. good staff. easy parking. a great place to take the kids!

2  Thank Troy G
Reviewed 21 August 2016

I love this place. No, actually my whole family loves this place. So lucky to have this local hem in town where I can get breakfast just like I'd make for my family, only I don't have to make it. I can occasionally sleep in on the weekend. Bonus that this is a family owned place, run by the nicest family. Sometimes you just don't want to eat fancy food, you just want a diner.

2  Thank ericablondegirl