“Worth the Wait”
Review of Bien Trucha

Bien Trucha
Reserve with OpenTable
Bien Trucha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 148 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Jupiter, Florida
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This restaurant in downtown Geneva, Illinois is worth the wait - and there is always a wait. They don't even open their doors until the exact posted time. Still you should get there early and plan to wait OUTDOORS in line.
The place is small and cozy with white table linens and unusual dishes.
You don't have to like Mexican food to enjoy this restaurant. Food presentation is unique and interesting. The menu is limited yet there are plenty of choices to meet individual tastes or to share.
Service is the best in the area with a good ratio of servers to customers. Servers are knowledgable and well trained. If you ask for their suggestions they won't disappoint.
The margaritas are the best: we loved the traditional and the cucumber.
The "must haves" are shrimp and tilapia tacos, guacamole, and corn. The ingeedients are feesh and flavorful. I want to keep teying different items there. What a treat!
Their Guacamole is flavorful

• Visited March 2012

Saint Charles, Illinois
“You'll love it”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Margaritas are the best you'll find ANYWHERE. Beware of your timing as there will be a wait (maybe even out in the cold!).

1 Thank AngieB253
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
“Wish they would fix the size of the place”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We would visit this restaurant much more often if we didn't have to factor in an hour-long wait (sometimes more). The food is great, definitely among the best in the far western suburbs. During our first visit, we asked the waiter to order the top three dishes for us, and he did not disappoint us. The shrimp tacos have layers of flavor, and a sauce that is just amazing. But I won't or can't go back until it is warm enough to stand outside waiting for a table. The interior is small and cramped, and just takes away from the experience. The owners need to either secure a new location and double the seating to a whopping 50, or at least promote take-out so I can have my shrimp tacos regularly!

• Visited June 2011
West Chicago, Illinois
“Nothing like it!”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This was a genuinely unique dining experience - everything was magnificent, and much of it was unlike anything I'd had in a restaurant before. Don't miss it if you have an opportunity to try it.

Highland, Indiana
“WOW! Just WOW!”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I have been dying to try ever since I saw it on "Check Please" and it did not disappoint. We went at prime time on a Saturday night and had to wait 1.5 hrs. They sent us to the Geneva Ale House across the street (which I would also recommend) because the bar was too crowded to wait there. Once we were seated the amazing flavor experience began. The guacamole of the day was fantastic (my husband doesn't care for guac but loved this-yeh) My margaritas were out of this world, try the shark tacos and the corn (make sure to sqeeze the lemon on) just fabulous. I am totally craving this place writing this review. Worth the long wait for sure!!

• Visited December 2011

Been to Bien Trucha? Share your experiences!