We stayed at the Stoney Creek Inn at Galena, the evening before we planned on getting married at the Jo Daviess Co. Court House. We asked the staff to keep our flowers in there cooler. When we asked the desk clerk to get them for us on Saturday morning, he asked if we were planning on getting married today. We told him of our plans to be married at the Court House. He (Shawn), asked if we would prefer to have a small, intimate ceremony at the Stoney Creek Inn. Shawn also offered to perform the ceremony as he is a Pastor. He could perform the service that day. We talked it over and decided to have the service as Shawn offered. Shawn even went as far as to find a suite in Stoney Creek for the rest of our stay that weekend. We had our service with Shawn in the lobby in front of the fireplace with our parents standing by our sides, just as we always wanted. Dena the General Manager even took pictures so our parents could be in the photos. The truly made our day even better than it was going to be. We will be back for future visits and anniversaries. Thank you everyone at Stoney Creek you are the BEST!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gravitate to Galena. After a wonderful day shopping more than 100 antique stores, marveling at historic 19th-century architecture, playing a round of championship golf, hitting the slopes or experiencing one of Galena's many unique restaurants, the Stoney Creek Hotel rooms and theme suites are the perfect place to unwind. Relax by the fire or in our indoor heated pool. We look forward to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Stoney Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Galena Hotel Galena
- Stoney Creek Galena
- Stoney Creek Hotel Galena