All reviews pecan french toast canopy suite homemade chocolate chip cookies get away wonderful conversation special touch inn keepers place to stay down to earth comfortable room other guests wonderful hosts the location is perfect breakfast was delicious downtown galena sitting room each morning
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the Belle Aire. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the Galena area and this B&B helped make it that way.
From very graciously fitting us in after a last minute cancellation in another location, to the great hospitality, to the knowledgeable advice for places to visit, to the delicious breakfasts, the Belle Aire helped my wife and I enjoy a much needed extended weekend getaway.
Many thanks to Jan and Loraine for making our stay enjoyable!

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank SDHaynie
Reviewed 22 September 2017

B&B needs a lot of updates. Breakfast was good. When we were all eating breakfast the host and hostess sat with us. It was hard at times to visit with the other guests because host wanted to control the conversation

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank craigsE3177PK
Reviewed 13 September 2017

My husband and I were looking for a little get-away and we found the Belle Aire Mansion Guest House online. We are so glad that we stayed there. From the moment that we knocked on the door yesterday afternoon to the moment we gave Jan and Lorraine good-bye hugs this morning, our stay was just what we wanted - relaxing and comfortable. When we arrived, Lorraine and Jan were the inn keepers. When we left, they were our friends. They were very accommodating in every way imaginable and wanted to make sure that our stay was perfect, which it was! Breakfast was delicious and Jan and Lorraine were very cautious about meeting my husband's dietary restrictions - we had given them a "head's up" when we booked there. They did a great job! To sum up, we were spoiled!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank _dssimmons
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Jan and Lorraine are the perfect bed and breakfast hosts, and to be honest, a visit to charming and quaint Galena (and equally beautiful Dubuque) wouldn't be quite right in a hotel room. A visit to this historical region deserves a stay in a Civil War-era home with hosts who can provide hospitality and information about the region. Belle Aire and its owners, Jan and Lorraine, fit the bill perfectly. I brought my laptop, intending to get work done—and I didn't open it once. It's the perfect place to unplug from the hectic world for a bit.

Wonderful conversation, a comfortable room (with a lovely shared veranda for morning coffee), and delicious breakfasts. Let's just say Jan is quite the cook! My partner and I felt right at home—almost like we were back visiting family. Oh! And they take Apple Pay and Android Pay via Square—I was the first one to show them how it works! So you have a range of payment options, from cash, to card, to contactless payment from your phone! If you're looking for a B&B with the charm and comfort of being home, there's no better option than Belle Aire.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Lorraine and Jan (and Jackson) are some of the kindest, most welcoming people (and dog) that you will ever meet. They've been at this for over 30 years and you can immediately tell they love people. They treat you like family and have a great handle on where to go in Galena. Breakfast was amazing both days we stayed here. If you are lucky enough to book a room here, you will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: May 2017