“Great Things Come in Small Packages”
Review of Fritz and Frites

Fritz and Frites
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: French, German
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is a small bistro with a European feel. Service is wonderful and food is even better. We enjoyed a lovely glass of wine with our meal - the Cassoulet is delightful. Very relaxing music.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Delicious ! I had the steak frites and french onion soup. My sister had the German meal with the beef wrapped pickle and the spinch salad. The bloody Mary's were the best we've ever had. Fabulous service and beautiful atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

My husband and I had dinner at Fritz and Frites on June 9. Our server, Melissa, was very attentive. Their French opinion soup was delicious. I had salmon and green beans as my entree and both were very well cooked. My husband had the spinach salad with warm bacon dressing and then the chicken schnitzel and enjoyed both. Thank you to Fritz and Frites for an enjoyable evening!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I made reservations when we saw schnitzel on the menu, and were very glad we had. The schnitzel and kraut were certainly good and we would have been happy with it anywhere, but the service and ambiance truly impressed. If you crave European dining, from smartly professional, expert, classic service to a nice selection of international beers and wines (the house rose' was crisp and dry) and sweetly modern prevencial decor, you will enjoy the experience!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We had outstanding service and wonderful food! The portions were quite large--too much for us to finish!--and dessert was excellent. The menu is limited primarily to German foods, so if you're looking for a variety of options, this wouldn't be a good choice for you. The schnitzel was outstanding, however! Great atmosphere as well.

Been to Fritz and Frites? Share your experiences!