Main Street Inn
US$124
US$119
Farmers Guest House(Galena)
US$194
Stoney Creek Inn(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$99
Grant Hills Motel(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$88
Hawk Valley Retreat & Cottages(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$100
Aldrich Guest House(Galena)
US$239
US$228
Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$110
The Irish Cottage
US$232
US$383
US$366
US$383
US$366
All reviewslocal bakerycinnamon rollsgranola barsmain streetperfect locationgerman frenchfritz and friteswithin walking distanceboard gamesfresh fruitheart of downtownin room coffeeplace to stayhistoric buildingcouple of nightspleasure of stayingcommon room
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My sister-in-law and I enjoyed a great fall weekend in Galena. The Main Street Inn is smack dab in the middle of town, so once we parked on Friday night, we didn't need the car again until we left town on Sunday. It's an older, storefront kind of building; beware of the 15-20 steep steps that lead to the rooms upstairs, and plan your comings and goings (ups and downs) accordingly. We were in the Garden Room - two double beds - super comfy, cozy and quiet. A complimentary continental breakfast is offered each morning, and I only wish there had been more variety each day - the selections were exactly the same both mornings. There's a neat little bakery down the street that could provide something different every day. And there's also a couple of cute little restaurants open for breakfast at reasonable prices. Friday night we enjoyed a nice steak dinner down the street, and Saturday after a day of shopping and wine-tasting, we had a pizza delivered to our room. On our way out of town on Sunday we took a detour to Hanover, IL and found the Rocky Waters Winery - a hidden gem and well worth the trip! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Main Street Inn and we may make this an annual adventure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HandyAndi53
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We got into a very busy downtown Galena on a Saturday not realizing how hard it is to park there. We ended up paying the real estate co. next to the inn $5 for a parking spot so we could check in. That hassle aside, we rang the owner, who efficiently checked us in for our 2 night stay. The owners are around, but definitely stay out of your way unless you ring them. The day we left they put out a breakfast the night before, since we were the sole guests, which was much appreciated. The room we stayed in was roomy enough and clean with a modern bath. The breakfast was basic, but good with fruit and yogurt too. We loved the location, which allowed us to cruise the main shopping area, but also walk to the U.S. Grant home. Galena is a charming town for a short stay and I'm glad we went and I'm happy with the Main St. Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My room was nice, and I ended up with a large room with two queen beds for just myself. The downside of this inn to me was that when I called to make reservations, no one mentioned and I didn't see prominently on the website that children are not allowed. I ended up leaving my daughter with my husband and going to the wedding alone, but if I hadn't done that we would have been stuck, because all the hotels were full for the weekend because of a wine festival.

Another issue I had was that the armoire felt like it was going to collapse every time I opened it. This was a functional armoire, the only closet in the room.

Other than those two issues, the location is great, very clean, bathrooms in great condition, and continental breakfast was good and it was nice not having to eat a formal breakfast with other people at the B&B.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SauerPauer
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The Main Street Inn was just like the pictures you view on their website. You get what you see. We stayed in the Garden Room, which contained 2 queen size beds and our own private bathroom. It was beautifully decorated. I love B&Bs but my husband does not so this was a great compromise. It was like staying in a B&B but much more private. It is in the heart of Galena and within walking distance to all of the shops & restaurants. We would recommend this inn to anyone visiting Galena and would definitely stay there again! All rooms are upstairs so you must be able to climb stairs.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2011

It was a girls weekend. Grandma and grand daughters. We stayed for a couple of nights. What a wonderful place. Comfy and peaceful. Very conviently located. Would highly recommend to anyone that they would enjoy their stay. Inn keepers were available, but pretty much we were on our own. Which I preferred. Great job, keep up the good work.

Jacque p