“Unexpectedly terrific!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

While shopping in the Celebrity Hat store, we asked about another eating establishment when another customer burst out about the greatness of Durty Gurt’s and that they were going back again. Given the recommendation, we gave it a shot. First, it’s a fun visual place with a great sense of humor. We were welcomed and our server, Morgan, was friendly and helpful. Although, it’s a burger joynt, we four opted for other menu items. One had the Tuna Melt. It was a larger than average serving for a sandwich and full of tuna salad w/melted cheese. My friend really enjoyed it. Now, about the Grouper. We asked if it was good and got a great story about it from Morgan which came with a recommendation. So, the other three of us had it. Wow, It was a half of the fish fillet, lightly breaded. Often, when I get deep fried food, half of the batter stays on the plate. Not with this dish. The batter was perfect for the grouper and tasted delicious. We also recommend it. We chose side salads which were fresh (as was everything) and came with plenty of dressing (not always the case). Great service, terrific food and a fun experience. We’d go back again too!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We just went to Galena Illinois for the first time to spend a week in there with some friends. We were told to try this place for lunch on Saturday and that they had fantastic Reubens. Being a fan of Rubens and trying many in my life of course I had to try it here. Can I just say that this was the best Reuben I ever had in my entire life so far. It literally melted in your mouth. The corn beef, cheese, sour Kraut and sauce all melted together so each time you took him with all you got the flavors of everything in your mouth. The corn beef was so tender it just melted in your mouth. This was seriously the best Reuben I ever had so we had to go back the next day for another one. I normally do not get overly excited about a sandwich but I’m still thinking of this one right now. I will go back to Galena just to have this Reuben. It was truly that good. The other food also looked wonderful but I stuck to the Reuben.

1  Thank Steamboat50
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Good food, fast and friendly service! The decor makes for a fun environment. We went around 5:30 in Saturday and got seated right away

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Great experience from decor, to menu, to service, to food. I would highly recommend eating at Durty Gurts.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

This place has TVs and a sports bar feel. Food is decent. Wait staff not very attentive. Fine for lunch for couples

Deanne L, Owner at Durty Gurt's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

I'm sorry but you must be confusing us with a different place. We have 1 small TV behind the bar and in no way are a sports bar. We are a restaurant that offers casual dining.

Been to Durty Gurt's? Share your experiences!