We booked a suite in the main lodge for $229/night. The website stated that it had a whirlpool and sitting area. Upon check in, the whirlpool really was just a regular-sized tub with jets and looked just like a standard hotel room with another room attached as the sitting area. It was very oddly-shaped. The manager did end up transferring us to a one-bedroom condo right off of the golf course and gave us a $50 break, It was a bi-level with a fireplace and quite cozy. However, it was very dated, and the bathroom, though it had a whirlpool was very old. The next day, we awoke to a barking dog from the next door neighbor. I called the front-desk and was basically told, dogs are allowed in the area we were in. Thus we decided to just wake up earlier than usual as it appears nothing could be done.
On the brighter side, the amenities are lovely. They had free rental of paddle-boats and canoes right on the Galena River right at ther resort. We availed of this and had a wonderful time. The mother/daughter team that ran the recreation department are wonderful assets to the resort. We also borrowed tennis rackets, volleyball, and spent time at the indoor pool playing water basketball. We had a great time. The two ladies were just wonderful of letting us know what is available at the resort. They also had complimentary bicycle rental for hotel guests. Unfortunately, we did not get the chance to do this but will do so in the future. Although, the actually sleeping/hotel accomodations are so-so, the amenities make up for this. The hotel should look at lowering their rates as the accomodations compare to a 3 star hotel at best. The positive part is that the recreational amenities are complimentary. We had the breakfast buffet on a Sunday and found that to be excellent. We will return to this facility because of the amenities. I just wish the rooms were nicer and the units remodeled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena