When we booked Eagle Ridge, we thought we were staying in the hotel. We should have known better since the price was higher, but we were in a one bed villa. I was a little disapointed, but the unit did not disapoint. The unit smelled a little dingy at the beginning, but nothing an air freshner couldn't fix. We had a fire place with wood and a fire starter, very helpful!! Living room and bed room had flat screen t.v.'s, a plus!
For extra activities, we could have rented (for free) a bike to ride on the trails around the resort. The resort area itself is huge! Lots of hills and winding curves to get to the hotel itself. Eagle Ridge was about 10 minutes from downtown Galena. Fortunately, my gps directed us in a direction of a backround to Mount Hope Rd which got us to downtown Galena quick.
They have 4 golf courses. We golf the North course, which was in wonderful shape for late October! We rented golf clubs from them, these were not complimentary.
They had a good size swimming pool with a basketball net and basketball. They had a sauna and a steam room. I was suprised they did not have a hot tub, that would have been nice!
After golfing we were hungry, stopped at the bar/restaurant and I had a burger, amazing! My husband had a grilled chicken sandwich, also very good! The fries were delicious as well. Didn't have the pizza. The breakfast buffet on Sunday was over $20 a person so we passed.
They also have a spa, which we did not get to visit. :(
Overall, nice experience, would definitely go back to the hotel. I don't know if we would stay in the hotel, since we didn't stay there this time (maybe to save a little money next time!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Illinois. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort and showcases superior golf with 63 holes on four acclaimed courses which include the North Course; the South Course; the East Course (9-holes); and the resort’s crowning achievement, The General, with over 250 feet of elevation changes throughout the 18 holes. Lodging accommodations at Eagle Ridge are delightfully unique with 80 quaint Inn rooms and over 250 villas and distinctive homes to choose from throughout the property. For the resort’s corporate clients Eagle Ridge boasts 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, in addition to beautiful conference homes for small, elegant meetings. The entire facility is also the perfect venue for banquets, weddings and theme parties. Eagle Ridge offers three distinctive restaurants that include award-winning Woodlands Restaurant, along with Spikes Bar & Grill and Paisanos. Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, providing ten treatment rooms for a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, sauna and steam room. The property is the perfect backdrop to an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge Resort And Spa
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Galena
- Eagle Ridge Resort Galena