“Good experience, beautiful scenery”

Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Galena
Reviewed 30 October 2011

When we booked Eagle Ridge, we thought we were staying in the hotel. We should have known better since the price was higher, but we were in a one bed villa. I was a little disapointed, but the unit did not disapoint. The unit smelled a little dingy at the beginning, but nothing an air freshner couldn't fix. We had a fire place with wood and a fire starter, very helpful!! Living room and bed room had flat screen t.v.'s, a plus!

For extra activities, we could have rented (for free) a bike to ride on the trails around the resort. The resort area itself is huge! Lots of hills and winding curves to get to the hotel itself. Eagle Ridge was about 10 minutes from downtown Galena. Fortunately, my gps directed us in a direction of a backround to Mount Hope Rd which got us to downtown Galena quick.

They have 4 golf courses. We golf the North course, which was in wonderful shape for late October! We rented golf clubs from them, these were not complimentary.

They had a good size swimming pool with a basketball net and basketball. They had a sauna and a steam room. I was suprised they did not have a hot tub, that would have been nice!

After golfing we were hungry, stopped at the bar/restaurant and I had a burger, amazing! My husband had a grilled chicken sandwich, also very good! The fries were delicious as well. Didn't have the pizza. The breakfast buffet on Sunday was over $20 a person so we passed.

They also have a spa, which we did not get to visit. :(

Overall, nice experience, would definitely go back to the hotel. I don't know if we would stay in the hotel, since we didn't stay there this time (maybe to save a little money next time!).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed 22 October 2011

This was my first stay in Eagle Ridge and it was awesome! There were four of us who stayed in a two bedroom/ two bath townhouse. The townhouse was perfect for us- We wished we stayed longer to be able to use the living space and kitchen.
We spent the first afternoon/evening in downtown galena, went to dinner, watched a live band and had martinis. The downtown is so cute and there are so many shops and restaurants to visit.
The next day we went horseback riding on the Shenandoah Riding Trails run through Eagle Ridge. The day was beautiful and the ride was good. It was an hour ride on a trail through the woods and fields with a group of about 12 horses- we enjoyed the ride! We then went to Galena Cellars and had an awesome afternoon. We had a wine tour set up in the afternoon but got there a little bit early so we grabbed a bottle of wine and cheese in the shop and sat outside and enjoyed! When it was time for our tour it ended up being just the four of us and another couple. The lady who ran the tour was great- very knowledgeable about wine and the winery itself.
All in all it was a great weekend at Eagle Ridge- I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amandad873
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed in the main lodge of the hotel. We had a gift certificate, so we were able to upgrade our room to one that included a fireplace and a Jacuzzi bath. The only disappointment that we had was that there was no elevator to our wing, so we had to drag our luggage down the stairs. However, we chose not to have valet service. Eagle Ridge is close to many of the wonderful places to visit in Galena. We asked about them at the front desk and got good information. We found out that a local vinyard had a wine-tasting event that day,which we attended. We also asked about dinner in town that night and were informed that it was homecoming at Galena H.S., so that we probably should make reservations. It was a very nice stay overall. Eagle Ridge is expensive but the views are breathtaking, and we loved the Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank odoyle584
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed in a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house at Eagle Ridge. It was beautiful... it had a full kitchen, wonderful bedrooms and everything we needed for a relaxing time. The house was very clean, and nicely decorated. There was a pool table downstairs and a great living room with fireplace to relax in. There were little touches all over the house that made it very personal and unique. One of the greatest little touches was the pretzels and nuts left of the banister of the deck. This was right outside the sliding door and was so fun to watch. That was so thoughtful! I thought that was pretty great that someone would go to that trouble. When we checked in, the host gave us a map and informed us of a great shortcut to use to get to downtown Galena. That was really helpful. The staff was amazing and wonderful. They were outstanding. I would HIGHLY recommend this resort. It offers fun things to do like paddle boats, trails, and bikes!! Of course golf as well. We are already planning our next trip to Eagle Ridge. The shops downtown were all very cute and fun too. GO TO EAGLE RIDGE!! You will NOT regret it!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmyBDavisJunction
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I've been to Eagle Ridge maybe 10 years ago for a company x-mas party and loved it! I was online one day and found out they had hot air balloon rides so I planned a weekend stay for July. After reading their website where it specifically states "Daily flights depart at sunrise and sunset directly from Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa" I presumed there wouldn't be an issue with the hot air balloon rides (weather permitted). After booking and confirming my reservations the day before check-in, I thought to call the hot air balloon company to make reservations with them. To my dismay, I find out that the hot air balloon company isn't owned by Eagle Ridge and they don't have "daily" flights out of Galena, and they really only come out there once or twice a month. The lady from the hot air balloon company told me that they were leaving the weekend I booked my stay and wouldn't be back for another 2 weeks. I then contacted Eagle Ridge to see if I can reschedule my stay so that it would coincide with the hot air balloon company but they would not allow it, and would not refund my money as it was within their 7 day non-refundable policy. I feel that the hot air balloon ride is falsely advertised as they DO NOT have daily flights and I would have never booked a stay in Eagle Ridge that weekend had I known this. Completely disappointed, I had no choice but to cancel my reservation and lost $303. After disputing the charge with my credit card company, Eagle Ridge decided to refunded me $27. They were not sympathetic about this and refused to let me speak to a manager. All I wanted was to reschedule my stay so that I could experience the hot air balloon ride during my stay. Anyone planning a stay in Eagle Ridge to experience the hot air balloon ride should know that there is no such thing as "daily" flights out of Galena. Eagle Ridge should have stated that on their web site. I would love to book a stay here in the near future for another weekend getaway but this incident left a really bad taste in my mouth. I can't say I would ever book with them ever again.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank vivian j
Ikhlas A, General Manager at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Thank you for the review on your recent stay. I have personally addressed your concerns with our staff for further clarification and appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Please contact me directly to discuss your review and future visits back to Eagle Ridge, as we do value your business greatly.

Best,