“I keep coming back for the great Sushi”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ichiban Japanese Grill & Sushi
Ranked #20 of 74 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Fallen in love with this little gem. Owned and operated by a young Japanese couple, Authentic and Delicious. There Sushi specials for 2 or 3 people are very affordable and large portions. The special comes with tasty Miso soup and some of the best crab Rangoon I have ever had. Also a large variety of rolls for the specials, not something usually seen. The Tempura is also good, I have had the beef box lunch that was ok, for me the real deal is the Sushi, The service is always great.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Had lunch there October 2016, a little hole in the wall place. Clean, not very large but I rather pay for the sushi instead of the ambiance. I had seaweed salad, a medium large portion for 4.50 and three different rolls, a spicy tuna, a yellow fin and salmon. rolls were around 5 dollars each. they were fresh and delicious. Service was excellent with my waitress noticing my nod when I wanted extra ginger and a refill on my drink. She helped me with menu and was very pleasant. Looks like they had a fair amount of items of Japanese food, not a grill at the table or a chef in front of you. Not a big menu but everything I would ever want. It appears it is done right. I ate a late lunch and the place was a third full with a steady stream of customers. I left stuffed and happy. A good value. I hate getting ripped for sushi.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

The dining room is small but nice. The food is really good. They do a good job with sushi too. The employee's are friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

The sushi here is worth the visit. Don't expect to eat much else. Good for a light lunch but don't expect to have a large meal.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

This is not a cook at your table type Japaneese restaurant but the food is really good for the most part. The only complaint I would have about the food is the soup, it is disgusting! They should change the soup to the same recipe as Sho Gun and JMK Nippon in Rockford. The sushi here is delicious and the service is excellent.