“Great No-MSG Chinese Food in the Burbs!”
Review of Yummy Asian Bistro

Yummy Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 December 2014

Great food, cute atmosphere, wonderful staff - love this place, every time I eat here or have take out. Yummy!

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank Jen C

Reviewed 8 September 2014

Who knew I would find a sushi place in Fox River Grove. I was down the road at Good Shepard Hospital and the stomach tape worm was doing flip flops looking to be fed. There were 6 of us looking for something to eat while we waited in the waiting room at the hospital. After looking around the area I found this place and it sounded good as the reviews were good. I drove there and the hostess Maddie took my order and offered some suggestions as well. Once the order was taken I walked over to where the sushi was being prepared and watched in aw as artwork was being created. I watch the chef put together an order on a to-go tray not knowing it was mine, and I wished I ordered what he was preparing. LOL He did a great job of setting up a wonderful presentation of our food. When I returned to the hospital we all dug in and enjoyed every last morsel. I will be back to this place, to dine-in next time.

Date of visit: September 2014
1  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband & I had dinner here with our granddaughter and all 3 of us enjoyed our meals. The desserts sounded interesting so we ordered two. What a great finish to our dining! Artfully presented (I will upload photos) and delicious. I would say the restaurant is casual -- relaxing and nice enough for me. The service was good. I look forward to visiting again.

Date of visit: October 2013
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Had "Sushi Lunch" which was well prepared and fresh.
Utilitarian ambience.
Convenient location. (near the excellent Fox River Grove Post Office.)
Believe our server was also the manager. He seemed quite preoccupied and mechanical in his approach to us as his customers.

We thought the tab was a little high.

Date of visit: January 2014
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I did carry out with my mom last night, and have been with both my parents and my 9 year old nephew once before and I also did carry out on my own since this place has opened. The food has always maintained the same good quality. The Price is a bit high but the places i usually go always are. This is some really tasty food that rivals that of the big japanese stake houses in crystal lake and lake zurich near by. The only difference is there is no crowd during dinner and its not cooked at your table. My foods consist of hibachi steak and chicken, which is always moist and perfection. The sushi is wonderful and the soup is hot and tasty. My family has had no issues with their foods as well and we have tried a large variety of the menu. This is a fantastic little hole in the wall for the Fox River Grove Stonehill Shopping Center. I will be planing a return trip again. I personally love the japanese gyoza and the chinese shumai (both the same thing just different sizes and flair from different asian cultures). If you do carry out make sure to look online for their deals for a free appetizer or two.

Date of visit: September 2013