“Friendly place”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Vancouver, Canada
“Friendly place”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This is my second stay at SpringHill Suites, and I will be back! Very friendly staff/reception, very clean, large,comfortable rooms. The bed was wonderfully comfy with lots of pillows. The little kitchenette very convenient, having a micro-wave and small fridge and sink. Nice shower and hair dryer. Plenty of closet and drawer space. Good lighting and the bedside radio/iPod player was something I hadn't seen before. The breakfast buffet had a good selection of hot and cold food, juice, coffee, etc. I appreciated the fresh fruit, but would like to see more healthy choices such as granola and bread for toasting in addition to the bagels and English muffins.
I was pleased with the shuttle service which I used several times. This hotel was as close as a home-away-from-home as it could be.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and didn't need to use the heater much except as "white noise"...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Hello KarenF917,

We thank you for your great compliments regarding our hotel as well as our staff. We also heard your comments regarding our breakfast choices; we would like to make sure that you were aware of our choices for healthy foods are milk, yogurt and Eggs.

We again thank you for choosing our hotel, and hope to see you on your next trip.

Assistant General Manager,
Springhill Suites, Elmhurst
410 W Lake Street,
Elmhurst, IL 60126

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Portland, Me.
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Stayed for two nights Dec. 10-12 2011. Hotel was very convenient to downtown Chicago by highway about 15-20 minutes on the weekend. Plenty of free parking and area was ok. Rooms were fine, beds firm but comfortable and clean. Daughter said sleeper sofa mattress was rough and uncomfortable, poor springs rising to surface.
The free breakfast was fine; waffle makers, standard scrambled eggs/pre-made omlettes/ sausage and several varieties of cereal and yogurt along with breads, juices and coffees.
All in all a good experience, I would recommend for traveller wanting to be close to downtown Chicago without the prices or biz traveller in the area needing some room to work.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jgportguy
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, 26 December 2011
Hello jgportguy,

We thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with your family, and are glad that you and your family enjoyed our facility. We appreciate your recommendation to our facility for family as well as business travelers.
We look forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stayed here for one night on business, and I was compltely satisfied. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The room was incredibly spacious and very cozy. I certainly "made myself at home", which I think is a good thing when you can completely settle in and relax on the road. It's nice to be able to get an updated hotel for a good price. I will be back if I'm in the area again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
MS Elizabeth H,
We are glad that we could make you feel like home. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We are looking forward to your next stay at our facility.
Morton, Illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I try to stay at Springhill Suites for both my business travel and my personal travel because the rooms and bathrooms are so large. So I've seen my fair share. The room was clean, the staff super friendly and the free breakfast was good. There was not enough seating in the breakfast area, but I will say that it was Thanksgiving weekend and I think the hotel was busier than normal. The room itself was smaller than any Springhill I've ever stayed in. Yes, it is a 2-room suite, but the "room" with the bed was dinky and the bathroom area was tiny. The Springhills I've stayed at previously have their bathrooms running along the wall adjoining the room next door with a walk-in shower and really nice sink area with some fabulous lighting and huge mirror. This was old-school: a little corner bathroom with a tub/shower and toilet and the sink outside with some of the worst hotel lighting I've ever seen. That being said, the price is reasonable and you are really not that far from downtown (near the Ike and Kingery Hwy). Oakbrook Terrace is nearby for shopping a well as Butterfield Road.

Room Tip: they have 2 different suites: one is larger than the other by a few square feet. They do charge mor...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Hello dschau1,

Thank you for dropping some good and ok comments; we certainly love the critic part of it as we do get good ideas to what we need to improve to make it better. Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay during Thanks Giving Holiday, we do normally open up our meeting room area for extra seating.

We are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

I stayed here for thanksgiving break and I can honesty say that I enjoyed it. The rooms are being cleaned every day neatly. The reservation desk has been so kind and friendly -especially Charul-. If you compare the quality to the price it worthy every penny. It was a little bit far from the downtown Chicago but it is close to the train station and it makes everything easier. I would definitely stay here again, and again.

• Stayed November 2011
Charuldalal, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, 21 December 2011
Hello Paksoy-

We wanted to thank you for your kind words regarding me as well as my entire staff. We certainly do take great pride in our front office and Housekeeping staff. We are glad that you and your friends enjoyed at the hotel despite of your traveling farther for daily destination. Looking forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
1.5 km away
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
12.6 km away
SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area? Share your experiences!