All reviews instant oatmeal hear cars non smoking kitchen area next morning staff was friendly bed was very comfortable breakfast bar convenient location checks fi freeway
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Staff was rude and unhelpful, room was dirty and had to clean it myself. Manager was terrible and had to call corporate after many complaints. There were bugs and parking was bad. I wouldn't recommend. This was the 1st esa where I had a bad experience.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional service and clean accommodations to all of our guests, so we are sorry you did not experience us at our best. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and assure you that corrective measures have been taken. We value your business and would welcome an opportunity to restore a favorable impression the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

If you're looking to stay in a hotel, this isn't it. I would classify this as an apartment complex with new tenants every day. There were NO hotel amenities like hair dryers, water cups, or room service. Breakfast was just oatmeal and coffee, and had nowhere to sit. On our last night we had a silverfish crawl out of our pillow... It's the dirtiest hotel we've ever stayed in.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are sorry for the cleanliness issue you encountered in your room and that you were unhappy with our amenities. Please know, our in-room amenities such as bath amenities and toiletries are always available at the front desk and are complimentary. Also, to respect the privacy of our guests staying for long periods of time, our housekeeping service is conducted on a weekly basis, although we are always happy to provide you this service at your request for a minimal fee. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you back soon so that we can provide you with a much more satisfying experience.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This place was a nightmare from start to finish. There was trash and laundry lying in the halls. When we finally found a front desk person (usually not available) and our room, the room was obviously not cleaned after the previous guests left. We managed to get another room and were informed that if we wanted the room cleaned and fresh towels it would cost an additional $10. No savings here.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Mary, a well-maintained room sets up the tone for an excellent stay, but we apologize this wasn’t your experience. Your feedback is of utmost importance so it has been discussed with our housekeeping department immediately to review and action. Thanks for the review as it helps us improve our service. Please consider giving us another chance to provide you with a much better stay on a future date.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. My room was spacious but a little musty smelling, but I could open the window and air it out. It is close to a freeway so you hear cars in the distance all the time. There's only one vending room and the machine was out of bottled water, I was surprised there wasn't one vending machine on each floor. The free wi fi is slow, I ended up using my hotspot. You have to pay for faster wi fi. The free breakfast is a small little bar with instant oatmeal, granola bars, and prepackage muffins - but it IS free! I was also surprised there wasn't a maid service or hair dryer in the room, but then I realized that's not the nature of extended stay hotels.

Date of stay: May 2018
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thanks for evaluating your stay. We are glad to read you to read you liked the cleanliness of your room and the outstanding service provided by our staff. However, we are sorry for the problems you experienced while being here and regret the inconvenience it caused. Your feedback is appreciated as it will help us improve our facilities moving forward. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Hotel was fine but I specifically booked a smoking room and there was not one available when I checked in. I did not like having to go to my car everytine since it was freezing cold outside. I would have booked a room at another one if I would have known in advancs

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Elmhurst - O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thanks for choosing Extended Stay America and for the wonderful feedback. We are delighted to read you were impressed with our property and that you found us to be a great value. It was a pleasure having you both as our guest, and we look forward to your next visit when in the area.