“A Pleasant Eggsperience with Terrific Coffe and a Welcoming Staff”
Review of Egg Harbor Cafe

Egg Harbor Cafe
Ranked #3 of 163 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Egg Harbor Café in downtown Elmhurst brings you the highest quality, carefully-sourced breakfast and lunch with fast, friendly service in a modern farmhouse setting, 6:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. daily. We serve free range eggs that are certified-humane. We serve Intelligentsia gold cup standard coffee, sourced directly from the finest small family growers. You will not find high fructose corn syrup in any of our food. We are happy to offer an excellent gluten free menu. Great food, great employees and happy, satisfied customers are the goals that influence everything we do. Owners John Wright and Mike and Aimee Farrell believe that Egg Harbor´s regular customers are the glue that holds us together. As a family-owned company involving three generations of children and grandchildren, we pride ourselves in being an extended family to a great number of people, both employees and customers, and in our restaurants´ active involvement in their local communities.
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I was in between Dr Appointments and needed a place to grab a bite and have some coffee, and The Amazing Refresh of Down town Elmhurst's main drag, continues to improve what was already a nice walking area. Egg Harbor was one of the first new restaurants in the are several years ago, and it has maintained its charm all of this time. Starting with some really welcoming staff, that seemed to know many regulars that set me up with some really rich coffee made me smile, because I needed a boost after a long morning, and it got the job done. I was feeling adventurous and wanted something healthy but tasty, so I ordered the Bacado Omelette with a side of Habanero Hash browns. It arrived hot and ready in a very short time with a smiling server.
A perfectly made Omelette stuffed with fresh Avocado and chopped bacon with Jack cheese with a dollop of sour cream and scallions sprinkled on top. Great presentation and it tasted absolutely delicious!! The spicy Habenero Hash had a nice spicy kick, not too overwhelming, but had some chorizo mixed in, which really complemented the Omelette.
I was able to sit peacefully to read my articles and enjoy that terrific coffee. I was so wrapped up, that I nearly missed my next appointment.
My experience may not be yours, but when things go this well, you really need to share it. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Everything is perfect at EHC.
Lots of tasty items and many healthy options.
Flavored coffee every day is bonus.
Service is always outstanding

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Great breakfast food served by pleasant people. Eggs prepared right. I like their eggs Florentine. They usually have coffee flavors depending on the season. My spouse had peppermint coffee, but I am still a regular coffee drinker. Restaurant is usually busy, so may have to wait. Finding parking could be an issue since they are next to a Walgreen's Pharmacy. But, it is worth the wait and hassle.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is a good spot for breakfast - they have a good variety of tasty egg dishes (and I'm told the pancakes are good, but I don't like pancakes so I don't know.) The lunch selection is much less appealing: overly salty and not particularly tasty soups, mediocre sandwiches (although the salads are not bad.)

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Biscuits and gravy used to be the reason I went to this restaurant, but the revised recipe just doesn't cut it. Staff said it makes it healthier. Who eats sausage gravy to be healthy? Good service, nice atmosphere. My wife will probably continue to drag me here.