“Good BBQ”
Review of Sweet Baby Ray's

Sweet Baby Ray's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of two Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ locations in Illinois. The company also owns two Illinois catering companies. See URL for additional information.
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Good ribs and sides. Creamy coleslaw, delicious cornbread and baked beans. Ample portions. Excellent Cuban sandwich. The deconstructed apple pie dessert was a treat. Enough for two. Very friendly wait staff! We will return.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I got the 3 meat combo platter that had pork, baby back ribs and brisket. It comes with coleslaw and cornbread and 1 side, I chose baked beans. I also got a Caesar salad which was a good size and tasted good but had way too much dressing. The portion size of the combo was good. As expected they have Sweet Baby Ray sauce and the pre sauce the meats with it. The pulled pork and ribs were very good, but the brisket was dry and tough with very little smoke ring. I would skip the brisket. The beans were very good and the cole slaw was only so so. The cornbread was ok and a large piece. The server was very friendly but I could of used another soda during the meal.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

The only problem with Sweet Baby Ray's is..........I GOT FULL!!!! I don't normally pick on side items, but, don't snack on the cornbread, fries, mac-n-cheese or coleslaw (all were fine), but the meats are UNBELIEVABLE!!!! The wings and pulled pork sandwiches were big hits at our table, but the brisket....oh my.....the brisket was out of this World. If I had dentures or false teeth, I could've taken them out and still enjoyed it. So tender and moist, and of course the sauce was perfect......man......I'm hungry now....

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Food was on average at best. Order food to be picked up when I got there wasn’t ready but was ok to eat

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Iv'e been there several times, the food is good but would would think there would be more BBQ items. WIth the name Sweet Baby Ray's I think of more basket served foods instead it's more upscale and fancier than you would expect. It's more up scales served food than the roll up your sleeves and dive in kind of stuff.