“Staying at Lexington Inn”

Lexington Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Elgin
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The weekly rates are very affordable and are the cheapest in Elgin. My husband and I stay here and we are very happy

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lexingtonmanagement, Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide you with clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. We take pride in being the best quality hotel that our customers love. Our deepest thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

First of all let me admit i was totally deceived by the beautiful pictures i saw online. The place is a very old hotel that was barely renovated. The carpets were dirty and dingy and i was waiting for rats and cockroaches to show up. And what was that smell? Definitely do not sit on the furniture, something may creep out and bite you. The sheets were clean so i kept all my luggage on my bed, shoes included,everything else was too disgusting to touch. The wall mirror looked like it would fall any minute off the wall. The water pressure in the bathroom? do have an hour to spare to bathe?The thin walls, you can hear two doors down all conversations. Disgusting place, if i did not arrive so late , i would have looked for somewhere else. And honestly as we drove into the place i knew i was in trouble when i saw the outside building, but i kept hoping based on the pictures of the room online that i was wrong, and the rooms would be nicely renovated inside. I was so Wrong.
SUCH DECEPTION for that price. Shame on the owners. Renovate the place accordingly. I met another hotel customer escaping at the break of dawn the next morning. When i noticed the car he was putting his luggage in , i could not help asking how his stay was, his response was he was waiting for the rats to come out and chew him while he slept, i felt totally the same.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lexingtonmanagement, Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write review regarding your recent stay at Lexington Inn and Suites.
Once again there are no excuses and you deserve our sincere apology.

Riki
Lexington Inn and Suites.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Trying out all the hotels in the area and rating then for weekend reviews. Lexington Inn & Suites is the worst so far. Will not recommend. Stained comforter, broken furniture, hazards didn't feel safe.

Room Tip: Dirty! Not a place to rest. Rooms are small and lots of hazards. I didn't feel safe.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lexingtonmanagement, Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at lexingtonelgin@gmail.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our hotel!

Thanks
Riki

Reviewed 13 May 2017

I don't know what kind of experience all the people who wrote these bad reviews had but...I have stayed here since December of 2016. I have had the most wonderful experience. This hotel has non-smoking signs all over the complete hotel. I am a non smoker and I love the ability to be in a hotel that is so strict on smoking. The staff is all amazing, if I ever needed anything done, it was done immediately and if it couldn't be fixed (I had a broken air conditioner, they couldn't fix it and they gave me a new room immediately.) They always say hi in the morning and Heidy the front desk manager is amazing. As far as the breakfast, since I have been here the hours have always been from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. Signs are everwhere, either the people complaining about the breakfast hours or not being able to smoke in the rooms are illiterate and can't read, their experience here probably wasn't good, but not because of the hotel....becuase of their actions!!! It's conveniently located, and for the price...your not getting the hilton, but the rooms are ALWAYS clean, and I have never had a problem here!! I recommend this to all my friends and family. So...if your looking for a nice friendly atmosphere, with clean rooms and a free breakfast in the morning then this is the place for you!!! I feel very safe here, and the hotel doesn't put up with any rough stuff.

Thank-You everyone at the Lexington Inn and Suites in Elgin!! You have mad my stay here awesome!!

Inger-Jean Balderas

Room Tip: Seriously people, it's a great hotel and they bend over backwards to make sure your confortable...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2017

Horrible! WiFi sucks, Tv fatal, they have no spanish spoken (is supposed to be a hotel). The breakfast close at 9:30 am but they respond the phone until 9:00 am. When you go to the reception to ask for breakfast, they say NO, because "the breakfast ends at 9:30 am" (even being 9:20 am). They have no water to drink in the room, they sell it.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
2.6 km away
6.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elgin
2.3 km away
Hampton Inn Chicago/Elgin

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!