Camelia Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)
Gleneagles Guesthouse(Westcliff-on-Sea)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,907 results
All reviewsafternoon teasea viewsunday lunchlovely hotelspa treatmentswedding receptionsconesmy mumexecutive roommulberry suitebeautiful roomquichebirthday treatfull body massagecar parkthames estuarycannot fault
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Situated on the Thames estuary as it enters the sea, the Roslin Beach Hotel is a great place to base oneself if you wish to explore Southend, Thorpe Bay & nearby Shoeburyness. It is worth upgrading to a seaview room as the coast of Kent is visible in the distance as well as the famous Southend Pier. A large car park is available as well as free parking on the main road.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I attended a wedding at this hotel as a photographer and it was brilliant. The honeymoon suite set up in the morning was great for the bride, the ceremony room was intimate and beautiful, and proximity to the beach was amazing for the photographs. The wedding coordinator was very attentive and helpful when I had questions about the photographs. The details were lovely and I can imagine many a happy couple have got married here in this special venue.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is really lovely from the staff to the food . It’s far removed from the “ typical Southend” b&b! It was Easter weekend so very busy but the service was impeccable . Very friendly, polite and professional. The staff really do make an effort. Our tv control was missing so they moved us into a suite with a complementary bottle of wine. The rooms are done up to a high standard with a beach house feel, large Queen bed with white company bedding and very good quality towels. We also booked in for 2 treatments both of which were lovely and both therapists were friendly and very good. The Easter Sunday lunch was Fantastic, everything was cooked to perfection. This was my second visit to the restaurant in a few years and I will definitely be going back sooner. The Sunday lunch was one of the best I have had out for a long time. Even though it was extremely busy didn’t have to wait long to be served in the bar area either. Why 4 stars? Well my only little gripe was I personally would of preferred a cooked to order menu as well as buffet at breakfast only as with hot food on the buffet after a while sitting there it’s not that appetising. Overall though this is a lovely boutique hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We were given a tiny room down the back of the hotel with a view of the car park. We were woken up by what I assume were garbage bins being rolled out but we didn’t sleep much anyway thanks to a random phone call in the middle of the night. The bathroom was very small with a flimsy shower and the mini bar was barely stocked (one or two soft drinks). Also, the location of the hotel is far away from the action.
We paid over £100 to get one of the worst hotel rooms I’ve stayed in. Don’t go, it’s not worth it!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anne8765
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went with my 2daughters and granddaughter.the day started with a good choice of breakfast ..after breakfast went to our room for the day which was lovely, changed into our robes and slippers which were provided.then I went with one of my daughters to have our spa treatment.michelle did my facial which was so relaxing my daughter had a full body massage she said it was the best massage she had ever had.after our treatments my other daughter and granddaughter had their treatments.after our treatments we lazed around in our room which was lovely to be all together..about 2pm our afternoon tea was brought to use ..which was fantastic sandwiches bagels hot cross buns scones many different cakes ect.we then got ready to leave about 5 after having a lovely family time together making good memories.all the staff at the hotel we meet were helpful and friendly..we will be back

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family