“Dog friendly!”

St. Nicholas Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in DuQuoin
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Brew Pub
Description: The St. Nicholas Brewing Company opened in 2014 as a microbrewery and restaurant.We are a local brewpub specializing in our own craft beer and upscale pub food including brick-oven pizzas, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches, and a variety of appetizers. Located in the historic and renovated St. Nicholas Hotel, all of our beer is brewed in house to be paired with your favorite pub foods.
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Have been several times and love it every time! First time here today with our furry dog friends.. they were welcomed in with open arms! The new patio is awesome and our server Bobbi was very sweet. She even brought the dogs some water out!! Had another great experience!

Abby A, General Manager at St. Nicholas Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thanks for your feedback and review. We are animal lovers to the max!! As long as they are well-behaved and potty trained they are always welcome on our patio!!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We went on a Sunday afternoon of a busy weekend so I was not surprised they were out of a few things on the menu. But the items we tried were spot on! I could see just having a few beers and munching away on the mushroom fries appetizer again & again. My group had the pork chop special (more than 1 could eat), the patty melt (I wish I had ordered, next time!), and I had the rueben (huge pile of corned beef, could have used a little more kraut). Beers are great - I was surprised at their large variety their own brews. Next time I will have a designated driver.

Abby A, General Manager at St. Nicholas Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you so much for your thorough review Bob! Our specials tend to go over pretty good on the weekends and I'm glad there was a pork-chop left. We are always rotating our 12 beers and there is ALWAYS something new and delicious on tap. Get that DD and come back and see us. Thanks again!- Abby

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Been here a couple time now, and each time has been top notch. It's about a 30 minute drive for us, (we live in Carbondale) but worth the drive. Great menu with some really interesting choices without getting too weird. Most sandwiches $8 to $10 and come with fries or home made chips. Food is always delicious. Also excellent beers brewed right there. Their porter is excellent! A rich, dark and smooth beer. Food comes out fast. They seem to have a good kitchen system in place!
Last night we had a party of 8 (4 couples) and the waitress was great! Very friendly and attentive. Thanks!

Wally, thank you for the great review. We sure do appreciate you coming all the way to DQ to enjoy St. Nick. I know you've got a lot of good spots near you, we are humbled you choose us. Please keep coming back, we promise to keep it fast, delicious, and a little weird :)

-Abby

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here recently and were disappointed with the entrees we received. Ordered a couple of the chicken tender entrees. Although they tasted pretty good we were very surprised the entree was only chicken tenders, no side of fries as listed in the menu, so I paid full menu price for part of the entree. Also ordered the cup of bacon which was really a 1/2 cup of bacon at a full cup price. The restaurant was not busy during our visit, so I don't understand why the order wasn't complete. I doubt I'd eat here again based on this experience. No apologies from the staff.

NFca, I am so disappointed to see your review. I would really like to hear more about your experience and rectify this situation. Please email me at abbya@stnicholasbrewco.com

We know you have a choice when going out to eat and we appreciate that you chose us. We are family owned and operated and it's important to receive feedback and learn from our mistakes. Thank you- Abby

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We were in DuQuoin for the State Fair & USAC Silver Crown race at the fairgrounds on Labor Day weekend...found online this St Nicholas Brewing Company,and went for dinner & beers...wife had Blond Ale, I had the Amber...very tasty craft brewed beers...we had Garlic Parmesan wings (unbelievably tender and delicious), and 2 burgers...the German and the "Sunrise" wit a fried egg...all food was beyond excellent...it was a 10 plus...bacon baked Brussel Sprouts we also one of the best sides I've ever had in my life...Tiffany our server was awesome and made this busy spot fun on a very busy night...everyone was hustling and the beer and food came out on time, and correct...a major thumbs up to this brewery & restaurant...they are doing it right in small town Midwest America...would HIGHLY RECOMMEND, anyone in the area to try it out...don't think anyone would be disappointed...there's something here for everyone! Thanks SNBC!!!

Abby A, General Manager at St. Nicholas Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Jack E, thank you so much for your thorough review and enthusiastic report! We try to make unique menu options and the beer....of course is our number 1 concern!

We appreciate you stopping through to our little pub and hope to welcome you back next time you are in town.