“overall very ncie”

Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Downers Grove
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Bed was comfortable, everything was very clean and the banquet room was very nice. We stayed overnight for a wedding in May 2017. The pool was just ok...the kids found it kind of small. No biggie. My only complaint was that the only breakfast option was something like 15/pp and that 2 gatorades and 2 rice krispie treats in the little shop cost just under $20.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I really loved the room decor. The location of the hotel is great for shopping in the area. This was my first stay here but I will definitely return. Oddly, the heat wasn't working in one section of the sitting room but I was too comfortable to bother the staff with moving to another room. A great example of the Marriott standard.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We really like this hotel. My husband always stays here when he is in Chicago for business and I enjoy it when I am with him. The staff is very friendly, they always recognize my husband. I think the rooms are very clean, I love the two room layout. Breakfast is very good in the restaurant, they have a nice buffet. There is ample parking. The hotel was decorated beautifully for Christmas.
The small balcony was a little dirty, but it was too cold to be out there anyway. We will go back. Oh, also a great location for Downers Grove, Oakbrook, not too far from Hinsdale or Naperville. Many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. One of the best Marriotts I have had the pleasure of staying at while traveling. Big rooms, very clean , comfy bed, good water pressure, fluffy towels, free parking. The employees were very nice and quite helpful.
It's an excellent location. Quiet in the rooms.
Room service was quick and the food was excellent.
I will absolutely return on the next trip. My only wish is that all Marriott properties were this well maintained.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Downers Grove for business for years but always stayed in another hotel on group reservation, but I n very liked it. This time the group reservation changed to this hotel, what a relief! Thanks he hotel is not too big, has own restaurant I ate breakfast in. Breakfast buffet with variety, healthy and unhealthy tasty. Very kind staff, no waiting at all at checkin. The rooms were very clean and specious with sitting area and kitchenette, fridge, bathroom very clean. The area is not walking, I knew that, I had renta car. Just as puns the corner is shopping and great restaurant at short driving distance not even a mile away. The gym unfortunately was under construction but there was a surrogate temporary gym with few machines in another area of the hotel, just enough for morning bliss.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
6.3 km away
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
2.9 km away
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove? Share your experiences!