All reviews living area french doors indoor outdoor pool pocket door cardio equipment nice buffet sitting room business trip bed was very comfortable booked rooms off the highway nice size shopping and restaurants very nice hotel business hotel definitely stay here again comfortable stay
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I really loved the room decor. The location of the hotel is great for shopping in the area. This was my first stay here but I will definitely return. Oddly, the heat wasn't working in one section of the sitting room but I was too comfortable to bother the staff with moving to another room. A great example of the Marriott standard.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We really like this hotel. My husband always stays here when he is in Chicago for business and I enjoy it when I am with him. The staff is very friendly, they always recognize my husband. I think the rooms are very clean, I love the two room layout. Breakfast is very good in the restaurant, they have a nice buffet. There is ample parking. The hotel was decorated beautifully for Christmas.
The small balcony was a little dirty, but it was too cold to be out there anyway. We will go back. Oh, also a great location for Downers Grove, Oakbrook, not too far from Hinsdale or Naperville. Many restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel. One of the best Marriotts I have had the pleasure of staying at while traveling. Big rooms, very clean , comfy bed, good water pressure, fluffy towels, free parking. The employees were very nice and quite helpful.
It's an excellent location. Quiet in the rooms.
Room service was quick and the food was excellent.
I will absolutely return on the next trip. My only wish is that all Marriott properties were this well maintained.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
John L, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thank you so much for your comments and also for staying with us. We truly appreciate it and the staff will be very excited to hear your comments.

Enjoy

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Downers Grove for business for years but always stayed in another hotel on group reservation, but I n very liked it. This time the group reservation changed to this hotel, what a relief! Thanks he hotel is not too big, has own restaurant I ate breakfast in. Breakfast buffet with variety, healthy and unhealthy tasty. Very kind staff, no waiting at all at checkin. The rooms were very clean and specious with sitting area and kitchenette, fridge, bathroom very clean. The area is not walking, I knew that, I had renta car. Just as puns the corner is shopping and great restaurant at short driving distance not even a mile away. The gym unfortunately was under construction but there was a surrogate temporary gym with few machines in another area of the hotel, just enough for morning bliss.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope that the group reservations continue to chose our location!

Enjoy

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Marriott just can't seem to get quality right. OK - the hotel was recently renovated and it looks ok, but it does not take a keen eye to see that quality and cleanliness is lacking. I tried to open the slider door knowing it would only open a few inches but wanted fresh air. The handle came off in my hand. When I looked, the handle and the door are like a Toys-R-Us version of a slider door. Way to go Chinese built cheap crap (I won't even get into buying American!). Brushing my teeth in the bath and look down - one can see the mold in the overflow vent of the sink and under the rim... terrible. Same deal in toilet... terrible. There is a pocket door to the bath from the bedroom; looking up in the slot the door goes into - full of 3" of dust dangling from the rail... terrible. Last ... the in-room coffee is the worst ever and you can buy coffee in the lobby restaurant (of course). I am a long time frequent traveler (2 million miler and thousands of hotel nights), been a Platinum Annual Marriott Rewards member in 90's and in 2000's. Changed to Hilton 15 years ago and now more a Hyatt person. I won't be back - rather trust a Hilton or Hyatt. You should too.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GetKraft
John L, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Our sincere apologies for the lack of cleanliness and maintenance in your suite. We will address these issues with our team and make sure that they are fixed. As a platinum member you do get complimentary coffee with your breakfast in our restaurant so my apologies if this information was not shared with you at check in.

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel, and for taking the time to fill our this survey.