“Crazy Good Skillets and Free Donuts”
Review of Juicy O's

Juicy O's
Ranked #26 of 187 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Went for breakfast. They have a great menu for lunch items, but haven't tried those. Wait time can be 45-hour at peak weekend times, but we hit a lull at noon on a Sunday. The place is fun in that all the walls are covered with framed phrases, mostly joking, so fun to read. Wait staff is pleasant and attentive. You get a small bowl of hot sugared little donuts before the meal and they are awesome. I always have the same thing, the Leprechaun skillet. This is their homemade corned beef hash over their house potatoes with cheese and two eggs done your way. The corned beef is fresh tender and you can find big juicy pieces of the meat. The potatoes are chunky and very flavorful. You also get your choice of pancakes or toast. Pancakes came out hot and delicious. We all had the same thing! 48$ for breakfast, we each had a beverage. Not a cheap breakfast for sure, but really generous portions, so took home a whole extra breakfast. They have other locations and I've found food and service consistent.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to juicy-o a few times now. Breakfast is great and their sandwiches for lunch are really good. Service is great no matter what time you go. Weekends are a little more crowded but you are seated within a little bit. Wait staff friendly.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Deciding what to order here is no easy task. Their menu offers so many options, including gluten free!

My husband got the Southern Comfort dish, our daughter got the Waffle-O-Rama (Belgium waffle with eggs, sausage & bacon), and I got the gluten free pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns. All was delicious.

One of the cool things about Juicy-O is the free donuts. They bring out a bowl of warm donuts to the table, and they'll refill the bowl if you ask. Which we did, although I wasn't able to partake due to my gluten allergy. So essentially my husband ate an entire bowl of donuts, and my daughter ate one too. Safe to say the donuts are delicious!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to Juicy-O for years. I love their coffee and free donuts. Their breakfast entrees are huge and delicious. They have great soup too in case you would rather have lunch. Groupon usually has great coupons too which can save you a lot of money. The people and atmosphere is great too.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

This place is known for immediately giving you a little bowl of mini warm donuts. I haven’t had anything great here but nothing bad either. It’s a convenient meeting place. The walls are covered in “cute sayings”. Amazing how sexist and out of date some are. We are evolving.
There are frequent discount coupons available

Date of visit: December 2017