“Long time happy customer”

Berto's Pasta Pantry
Ranked #33 of 173 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Wonderful local family run deli/pasta shop. The food is fresh, simple, and great. Service is great as well. This applies to their catering too. I am a long time customer and will continue to be one...

Reviewed 27 December 2015

They don't have a lot of seating, but they do have great sandwiches. I have been back many times for their sub sandwiches, one of these days I will try some of the pasta they make and sell as carry out, but I just can't get past those yummy subs!

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Pretty tasty sub sandwiches, fresh ingredients. Wish they'd set their slicer a bit thicker. Then I'd feel I was getting good value for my fast food money. Nice owners.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

This small restaurant and take out place will surprise a newcomer, such as myself. Not much of an ambiance, there were only two staff working behind the counter, but anybody would feel welcome with the extensive menu they offer. Berto's is well-stocked with in-house home made cheeses, salamis, sausages, sauces, and pastas, convenient to be enjoyed at home. Their take out and quick meals have a lot of choice soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, and paninis. Try their Friday special...the stuffed shells. Served piping hot, with lots of cheese and tomato sauce. Generous in portion, great for sharing with a loved one or friend.

1  Thank Grace S
Reviewed 29 March 2015

I stopped here for lunch with my Husband this weekend. Excellent choice. I ordered the Veggie Sub and my Husband ordered the Turkey sub. Both were delicious and fresh, and I will be certainly be making another trip to try some other items!

4  Thank Emily R