“Efficient Service, Mostly”

Ranked #28 of 179 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 April 2017

We stopped in on a Sunday afternoon for breakfast. We were seated quickly. Our server came over right away for drink orders. When I ordered my veggie skillet without mushrooms, she was so quick to ask me how I wanted my eggs, she seemed to have not heard no mushrooms. When I discovered the mushrooms in my food, it was quickly redone. Not being a fan of hashbrowns, I was glad to see that there was a skillet potato option, although you have to request those, even for the skillets. Overall, an enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Nice friendly atmosphere and service along with an extensive menu with daily specials creates a fine dining experience at a good price.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

The regulars are well aware of their good food, and daily specials. Nice place, friendly staff. two of my favorite meals are the Yankee pot roast. The most tender, flavorful pot roast I have ever eaten. and the RIBS....You can suck the meat off the bones! the BBQ sauce is one of the best, even among other rib joints. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

I both, eat in and take food to go. The food is always delicious and spot on! I can always count on a good bowl of soup paired with a yummy sandwich. And their French fries are my favorite. I am not a "fried food" person but when I tried their French fries, I fell in love with them.
Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner.... you can always count on DD to serve you a delicious and comforting meal!!

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Came out of our polling place looking for somewhere to eat that wasn't on our usual rotation, and I suggested we try Downers Delight. Big mistake. Off peak, we were seated immediately, and a bus boy brought us menus and water. We spent a while poring over the extensive offerings, and perhaps in doing that we discouraged the wait staff, because I actually offered my husband a jelly pack and a spoon thinking maybe he would have a blood sugar low before anyone approached us. Waitresses lounged at booths discussing the election with the only other customers, but long after we laid down our menus, no one came to take our order. The bus boy kept popping out of the kitchen and glancing our way, but although my water glass was empty, no one came near. Just as I was ready to pull out my phone to start timing the delay, a staff member came to take our order. I asked for water, but none was forthcoming, and when our order arrived, the waiter set it down and asked if there was anything else. I wanted to say, "Yes, the water I asked you for that you never brought," but my mother, at age 97, would never permit it. I ordered a house salad that turned out to be (wet) iceberg lettuce on a frosted plate with 1/4 hothouse tomato up-ended in the center and not another ingredient. The thousand island dressing was bright orange, always a scary prospect, but turned out to taste good. My food, an open-faced tenderloin, was egregiously ugly, with gravy that resembled library paste and not a sprig of garnish, although my husband's "gobler" (Shouldn't that be _gobbler_?) turkey sandwich looked good - he ate half, said it was "all right." I was not pleased with anything about my meal. Maybe I should have ordered pancakes. Then, with only two other individuals in the dining room we waited as though invisible at the checkout for over five minutes. I will have to be very desperate to be fed before I venture back.