“disappointing dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2017

The highlight was joining the staff in singing "Happy Birthday" to a diner at another table.

Too bad the highlight wasn't the food. We ordered the rack of lamb and the sea bass. Very disappointing.

Taking Italian Kitchen out of the rotation.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

This place has an impressive menu with so much variety. All of the food is fantastic and it is worth repeat visits there. It is family owned and you're treated like family.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We have been dining at the Italian Kitchen for over 40 years. First started by John and Mary Sciarretta in the 1970's and now being run by their son John Jr. and his wife Emerald it's the best place for genuine Italian food on the North Shore. You may wait a little while for the food, but each order is prepared individually with special attention. There's always something new or different on the menu. The many return curtomers know what I mean, and the one's that have never dined at the IK are in for a treat.

1  Thank chemanaly
Reviewed 15 October 2017

All meals have been excellent. Atmosphere cozy and family or singles oriented. Usually have Oso Bucco when on special daily menu, my favorite.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The reason I didn't give this a 5 star review is because the service was so very slow. We were seated a little after 7 pm and left a little after 9. The place was busy but not crowded, we didn't order apps or dessert. I ordered a glass of wine and was not offered a refill or something else to drink during that 2 hours. Thank goodness for the water on the table! I heard who I assumed was the manager apologize to several tables for problems with their order and thank them for their patience and waiting. She didn't stop by our table, though. That being said, the food was delicious! The salad was good (even though they got my dressing wrong. Thankfully, it was on the side) but a bit average. I ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce. Sauce was thick and meaty and seasoned just perfect. The noodles were cooked just right. The portion was HUGE! My husband got the risotto. It was good but I liked mine better. However, he said it was amazing! Again, HUGE portion! By the By, yes, they did bring bread but it wasn't great. Basically, just a plain roll with butter.
All in all, I would probably go again if/when we go to Chicago. Luckily for them, the food is good enough to forgive the service.