“Great Breakfast and Lunch Spot!”
Review of Jam & Jelly

Jam & Jelly
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Darien
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We love Jam and Jelly for breakfast and lunch any day of the week! The omelets are excellent, served with potatoes and toast. We often get an order of pancakes or French toast to share. The coffee is great. For lunch we recommend the patty melt, Tina sandwich or Buffalo Chicken Wrap. Just the right amount of spices. The service is attentive without feeling rushed. We love this place!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Food is always prepared well. Very good soup, salads & paninis. Service is quick , friendly and efficient. I usually have less than 1 hr. to order and eat as I am usually here on lunch. I have recommended Jam & Jelly to students and they are also pleased.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

The Place
A breakfast and lunch cafe in a strip mall area with traditional american fair. We were on a Easter Sunday Brunch in the early morning about 10am. People started filing in around 10:30am and were standing in line waiting to get seated.

The Food
Traditional Eggs Benedict, parfaits, two eggs and corned beef hash, steak and eggs.

The Good
The food was delicious and cooked the way I would have expected. The hash browns and corned beef has was homemade and fresh.

The Bad
Lots of people and the place is small. It seems like the place is over staffed BUT the services was good. Orders taken, water glasses kept filled and plates cleared away promptly.

The Bottom Line
Good place to eat with good food and service.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

We both ordered the Benedict Skillet. I ordered mine without the spinach or mushrooms and it came just as I had requested with the eggs actually over medium. The silent was very good and the pancakes were the best that I have had in some time. Everything arrived at the table nice and hot. Our coffee cups were refilled many times during the meal. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

My wife and I took our grandson to breakfast at Jam & Jelly this week. His dad takes him there often and it is his favorite place for breakfast but we had not been there in a while. The atmosphere is nice, the service was very good and the food was pretty good.

I had a pancake, eggs, sausage and bacon combo and it was very good. My wife had a special, crepes with strawberries and cream cheese. She thought it was too "heavy", but I think that should have been expected from the advertised ingredients. My grandson had blueberry crepes and he was somewhat disappointed because he didn't think the blueberries were as good as he expected them to be. So, our opinion of the food on this visit was mixed, but I'm sure we will be back because, as I said, it is our grandson's favorite place for breakfast.