“Salty dog”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Countryside
Reviewed 21 December 2017

The food here is so salty it is almost a walk away place. I ordered a steak and figured this is a steak house should be good, WRONG!!!
My wife ate my steak as I ate her burger and fries, this was very salty too. I know why they use salt but not that much is needed. Let your guests flavor their own meals and do not try to cover up bad meats. We will not go back here as so many better places for steaks, even Outback beats this place.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Stayed in the adjacent hotel for 10 nights and this was the only place to eat and drink. Although it became a little repetitive, the staff were extremely friendly and te food was great value for what it was. Highly recommended for a family visit when you are looking for a simple good meal.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Here's something for you... We are from Texas....We come here for Real Texas Style Eating and Drinking. This resturaunt in Texas needs to learn how to do this texas style from chicago!!! If your in this neck of the woods dont pass this place. Thi is real texas

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 10 June 2017

When we were invited by our nephew to celebrate the last day of school for the 6 and 9 year old, I thought, "ok, its their night" I was totally ready for an unremarkable dinner. First off, they put a couple of baskets of yummy rolls on the table (I'm a sucker for good bread). I ordered a chicken/portobello/cheese dinner with mashed potatoes and bacon green beans. My husband had a ribeye with bone. Service was great and the kids were entertained by the staff who break out into line dancing every now and then along with the giant armadillo who sashays up and down the aisles. Dinner came and it was hot and served promptly. I was expecting so-so chicken but instead it was delicious and the same for the mashed potatoes. The green beans were excellent, had a smokey bacon bbq flavor. We all ate our entire dinners and the kids asked for a brownie for dessert that came hot with ice cream on it. I was ready to knock them out of the way to get some. Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that I shouldn't prejudge a restaurant because its a chain. Staff was super friendly and kept us filled up on drinks. I will certainly go back if given the chance.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017

On May 13, 2017 we landed at O'Hare and headed for Indiana. My wife found out they stay open late. We arrived at 10:20 PM and seated near the bar, which would normally be fine but the bartender was cleaning up, since they close at 11, and the way she was wiping and flinging all the debris, I could have done without that. I had the 8 oz Sirloin with Shrimp for 17.99 The sides were just okay, but what was I expecting at 10:40 PM? Wife had the 8 oz Sirloin, which actually was larger than mine. Hers was thicker, larger etc. Both were cooked the way we like them. It would be unfair of me to say the fresh veggies were overcooked or the sweet potato was overdone because of the late hour. Friendly service and I would come back.

Date of visit: May 2017