“We stopped by for lunch, surprised by a very nice lunch buffet”

Zapata's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 84 Restaurants in Collinsville
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Get away from the everyday hustle and bustle and enjoy fabulous ice cold margaritas and some of the best Mexican food around! Enjoy a fantastic meal in a vibrant atmosphere that offers all your Mexican favorites such as enchiladas, burritos, fajitas, and much more!
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We were in the area so we stopped by for lunch because we thought the outside looked awesome. Inside definitely isn't as nice (furniture shows a lot of wear) but it was clean so I'm not complaining. We weren't expecting a lunch buffet. For $8.99, it was a great deal. Plenty of stuff on the small buffet for a nice lunch. It was just basic Mexican dishes but still very good, especially the corn casserole. Staff was very friendly.

1  Thank 80stoyhunter

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Zapatas offers an array of fantastic appetizers, meals, and drinks for families and friends alike to enjoy! I try something new every time I go! Never disappointed! Great outdoor space as well!

courtney z, Manager at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you so much for the great review! We’re happy to hear that you always have a great experience!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Buffet was offered instead of menu. Bad mistake! There were three cheese enchiladas, some refried beans, some tired salad fixings, and tortilla chips. Just ok. Service by waiter was excellent.

We’re so sorry that we let you down on our lunch buffet. Normally it is a big hit with our customers. Thank you for letting us know about your experience and we will work harder at keeping the buffet fresh. Hopefully we don’t disappoint in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Amazing food and close to my hotel which will be my returning point when I make my way back to Collinsville

courtney z, Manager at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I love fajitas and try to find a good Mexican place on all my trips. This was near my hotel so I gave it a try. The staff was very friendly. The fajitas were just okay, but the Margaritas made up for it. Guacamole was very good.

courtney z, Manager at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you so much for the positive review Rick! I hope next time you’re in town you stop by and visit us!