“Always great food”

Porter's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Porter's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 80 Restaurants in Collinsville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-55
Transit: Public transportation is nearby. Please ask for details.
Description: Come savor our World Famous Pepper Loin. We marinate whole beef tenderloin in olive oil and fresh herbs and spices for 48 hours. It is then rolled in cracked pepper, kosher salt, and our house blend of spices, sliced into medallions and grilled to perfection. Served with our House Mustard Sauce, it melts in your mouth! Porter's features hand cut steaks and chops, and fresh seafood flown in daily. Our award winning wine list features over 200 bottles from every corner of the wine growing world. Jeff, our wine steward, would be happy to help you make a selection that will pair perfectly with your meal. Located in the newly-renovated Collinsville Doubletree Hotel, Porter's features Private Dining Rooms to accommodate parties from 3 to 300. A full suite of A/V equipment is available, as well as guest rooms for your overnight travelers. Please email Ben Joseph at bjoseph@collinsvilledoubletree.com to reserve a Private Dining Room. Cheers! Ben Joseph General Manager
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

This is our "go to" restaurant when we want great food and nice atmosphere. We have never had a bad meal. Their steaks are always the best...wonderful flavor and so tender.
I will admit the place is a little pricy and it always costs at least 50 a person but you get what you pay for. Service is good and meal was delivered hot and exactly as ordered. I sure recommend Porters for enjoying a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We waited 1 hour for our dinner. When we got it, our steak and salmon were cold and dry. Our waitress kept disappearing.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

My husband and I were at a conference at the Gateway Center and stayed at the Double Tree. We decided to check out the restaurant at the hotel...and were pleasantly surprised! We ate at three different times and enjoyed each one. Breakfast is a buffet, lunch and dinner you order off the menu. The service was superb and the food was some of the best we have ever had. It is a little pricey, but since we were celebrating an anniversary while at the conference, it was well worth it. If we are ever back in that area, we will definitely return!!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I've been to Porter's maybe a dozen times for various special occasion dinners. My wife and I always order the pepperloin; medium rare and the largest cut so we will have leftovers to take home. The presentation used to be with the pepperloin on a metal platter, still sizzling and with a pourable container of the mustard sauce alongside. We both used to say that we could not get a better piece of beef anywhere else we had been. That was then, I guess this is now. We just recently went back for our anniversary after a couple years since our last visit. What a disappointment, I'm sorry to say. Prices up, quality way down. It may have been a mediocre piece of meat if I'd paid half the price. Not even close, this was by far the worst piece of beef I've ever gotten there. It came in four pieces, and after the first piece I thought maybe it was just bad luck. But every piece had some gristle or other oddity in the texture that you just don't expect when you pay that kind of price. Maybe it is that hard these days to get a quality piece of beef, no matter what you pay ? If so, I am sad for that. To add insult to injury, they were out of my favorite dessert (creme brulee), and when I got the bill I was surprised to learn that my substitution of mashed potato for the baked potato cost me an extra four bucks. Well, at least the atmosphere is still nice. At first I thought maybe next time I'll try the scallops, but after some thought, personally, I'm going to have to leave this place to the hotel guests with the company credit cards who may not care as much that there is now a definite disconnect between price and quality at Porter's.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

A good selection of wine and a good, varied menu. Service was excellent. Not cheap but then quality never is!