“LIKE BREAKFAST? THIS IS FOR YOU!”
Review of Pannenkoeken Cafe

Pannenkoeken Cafe
Ranked #1,099 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 September 2017

For 19 years this small venue has been delivering very LARGE tastes. Pannenkoeken are Dutch pancakes-much larger and much thinner than American pancakes which are served open faced with either sweet or savory ingredients . My most recent delight was a white peach Pannenenkoen served with home made whipped cream, powdered sugar and hazelnuts & finished with prickly pear fruit puree!! Traditional American breakfasts are served, but I'v been there 10 times and I'm still working my way thru the Dutch dishes. It is truly small and especially on the weekends you will most likely have to wait to get in (consistent with their hospitality 5 or 6 chairs are made available to make the waiting time easier to take) They are open ever day except Tuesday and lunch is served as well but so far I haven't turned the menu over to look at the lunch offerings!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This place is very tiny on the inside but so worth the wait. The food was so good as well as the service. Our waitress always ensured we were taken care of and the food came out very quickly. Could be due to the small size of the cafe but if you are every visiting Chicago or in the Lincoln Square neighborhood definitely worth the wait.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We've never had Pannenkoeken before and it was so good! The restaurant was small and quaint, the food was superb! The french toast with fresh fruit was really good as well as the fresh squeezed orange juice! I'm craving the pannenkoeken from Texas!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

A small cafe but food and service are great. Was in Chicago visiting and I was dying to get back to Pannenkoeken as I had eaten here before and had spoken very highly off it. It didn't disappoint. Very friendly service, food was delicious and everything came out promptly. Definitely worth going to for breakfast if you are in the area.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We came here with our son and his girlfriend as they live in the area. The place is very small but it works for what it is. The food was very good and the service was good. Neat little place to experience.

Been to Pannenkoeken Cafe? Share your experiences!