All reviewsbeautiful neighborhoodsafe neighborhoodhotel is situatedlincoln park zoothe gold coastcomfortable bedsa great place to staylake michiganper nightexcellent locationfront desk staffthe magnificent milenavy pierfacilitiesnoise
Reviewed 9 August 2018

This was more like an OK hostel. My first room didn’t have a closet or drawers, 2nd room not much better and no AC, 3 rd room still tiny and phone is broken.
Asked for coffee at 6am, guy said, “let me look into it”... I walked away.
Came back at 7 and asked a lady. She pointed around the corner and said go there.... I did, waited 10 minutes... then I left.
Last night even though I had my do not disturb sign on my door, someone knocked... not sure what he wanted. I was trying to sleep.
No countertop in the bathroom, tiny room, unhelpful staff... decent bedding only

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ousman C, General Manager at Claridge House Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Please accept our sincerest apologies for our failure to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We take pride in our ability to accommodate each and every guest request, and also in exceeding their expectations. Unfortunately, it seems we failed accomplish that in your situation.
Thank you kindly for your valued feedback, we are committed to resolving all the highlighted issues promptly. I will also like to further discuss the issues with you, please contact me directly by calling the hotel.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you, and we look forward to your next visit.
Sincerely
Ousman Conteh

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is really Nice. The bed is really comfortable. The room is a bit small but for two people its ok. The service was great also. Great restaurants near. Not far from downtown Chicago. Your heard a bit of noises but overall it was good!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Haroon C, Manager at Claridge House Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Hi Theus,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for staying with us recently.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you appreciated our hotel's location near a variety of Chicago attractions.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The room was small and met the expectations of a taking a weekend getaway. The area was considered an affluent neighborhood, but folks seemed low key. Lots of options to eat outdoors. Parking allows in/out option which was a good thing for getting around when needed.

Room Tip: book through an airline website so you can earn ridiculous amount of points!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Hi Kenny,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you appreciated our hotel's location near a variety of restaurants and bars.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Very clean nice employee and the restaurant on the main floor was great the waitress was nice polite he name was Latasha she really knows her stuff and was very professional. The rooms are great a little small but still well maintain. You are not far from the movies shopping dining or the beautiful side of the city

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Haroon C, Manager at Claridge House Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Hi Kingreduniverse,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for staying with us recently.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you had a great experience interacting with members of our team.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

First of all, we booked our stay through Hotwire for 3 adults. As we arrived, they said that they didn't have any two double bed rooms available, the only room they could offer was one with a king sized bed and a rollaway bed. The rollaway bed was TERRIBLE... worst sleep of my life.
The handle to turn on the shower, was lose and fell off immediately after turning the water on. I tried calling the front desk and the call would't go through so I had to call from my phone. They didn't even ask for the room number, so obviously no one came to fix it. We had to get into the cold water to reattach the handle.
The next day, the fire alarm went off only on our floor. We had NO idea what was going on, we went downstairs and people in the lobby and front desk HAD NO IDEA the fire alarm had gone off on the 10th floor!! It didn't even register on their system! Thank god it was a false alarm, but if there had been real danger, NO ONE would have been contacted because the front desk had NO IDEA!!!!
They forgot to replace shampoo bottles!
The room wasn't vacuumed, it had all sorts of hair!

TERRIBLE place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family