“Great quality for price”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #49 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Israel
“Great quality for price”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The hotel has free internet, free breakfast, free welcome home dinner Monday-Thursday.
It is very clean, comfortable and in a great location.

I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. I am happy that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfasts, dinner, and internet.

I also want to thank you for the wonderful referral. We are always pleased when we are able to make a positive impact on our guests.

Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed for 1 night during the week recently and was amazed by the genuine friendliness of each person I encountered (valets, front desk, food service staff, guest experience manager). It seemed like one of those places where people like going to work, and it definitely made my experience pleasurable. Not only was dinner included in the cost of the meal, but it was delicious & well-made, the salad was fresh, and there were complimentary beverages such as beer and house wine. I think I also lucked out because there happened to be a free champagne tasting from Laurent-Perrier during my stay. My suite was bigger than the usual hotel room, and very clean/tidy. I checked out the pool at night and the view was pretty amazing.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Chicago! The price for 1 night was very affordable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank C S
Thank you so much for your compliments regarding the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. It means so much when our guests compliment our customer service. I am so pleased that your experience with all of our staff was pleasurable.

We are happy that you were able to attend one of our special events that we have been planning through the past several months. The Laurent – Perrier tasting was just one of these special events that we will be rolling out in the next few months for our guests. We are always looking for recommendations so please let us know if there is anything you would like to see.

We hope to see you at the Homewood Suites again.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Overall, I enjoyed my two night stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Downtown Chicago, but have a few concerns. I was in town with a bus load of University of Louisville fans to support our basketball team during the game with DePaul University. There were not enough suites available with two double beds at the hotel to accommodate our group. So, I had to share a king-sized bed with my roommate. We were really disappointed that we couldn't have our own bed. So, we each rotated sleepng in the bed one night and then sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room. However, the sofa bed was absoultely horrible!!! The mattress was very thin and the inner springs poked through the surface of the mattress. This made sleeping very uncomfortable. Also, the top portion of the mattress where your head goes was higher than the rest of the mattress. I felt like I was sleeping on a slant. The mattress was so uncomfortable until I closed the sofa bed and replaced the cushions. Then I tried putting the cover on top and sleepng on top of the sofa, However, I am 5'11" tall and the sofa was more like a loveseat size. So, I could not stretch out completely. I got very little sleep and awoke stiff and sore. My back and neck hurt. It was also awkward having to go through the bedroom to use the toilet and shower in the bathroom or to get clothes from the closet without disturbing my roommate while she slept in the bed. The layout of the suite was not well-thoughout as far as utilization of the bathroom and closet.

On the plus side of the suite, the kitchen was wonderful! We liked having a fully equipped kitchen with appliances and dishes. We also enjoyed the breakfast!

Shirley Fuqua-Jackson, Room 1203

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank SHIRLEY F
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Shirley,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. I wanted to address your concern about not receiving a room with two double beds. When looking back at the original rooming list that we have from your group leader we do not have you and your roommate in a room with two double beds. The room type that your group leader had assigned to your room was a King Suite with the sleeper sofa. The hotel des have a very limited number of double/double rooms on property so we were unable to change room types if we do not have the availability. I do want to express regret over this misunderstanding.

I do apologize for the uncomfortable evening that you spent on our sleeper sofa. We are in the process of replacing all of our bed inserts and we do hope that nobody will be as inconvenienced as you in the future. We do have a limited number of complimentary roll-away beds available if you find the sleeper sofa too uncomfortable in the future.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and the full stocked kitchen. We do hope to see you again.

Detroit, MI
Reviewed 21 February 2012

2 colleagues and I recently stayed at this Homewood Suites for a conference we attended in Chicago. The hotel was a bit dated but it was clean and the service was excellent. The continental breakfast and evening buffets left a bit to be desired but... it's free food and I am a bit of a food snob. That being said, if you are looking for a good location at a good price, I would recommend this property. It's within walking distance to several excellent restaurants as well.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank es252
Thank you so much for the recommendation of our property. We make the best possible effort to make sure that our customer’s receive the wonderful customer service. Please let us know if there is anything in particular that you would like to see at on our breakfast or evening reception.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This past weekend I booked 22 rooms at the Homewood Suites in downtown Chicago. We visited Chicago for the University of Louisville vs DePaul Basketball game. My group was very happy and satisfied with the accomodations. They have all encouraged me to continue to stay here on future trips. The staff, rooms, breakfast, location could not have been better. Our sales manager Melah Miller was there to meet the motor coach when it arrived and did whatever was necessary to ensure that all went well for my group. THANKS!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for kind words about the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. We were so happy to see all of the fans for the Louisville – DePaul game this past weekend. It was truly a pleasure to work with your groups and we hope that you enjoyed the game.

Thank you for your wonderful words about Melah. She is an asset to our team and I am happy to hear that Melah and the rest of the team did a wonderful job with your group. We look forward to seeing you in 2014 if not before the next game.