Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #108 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Went to this Hotel for a weekend and found the room to be neat and clean. We had a king bed suite with a kitchen. Service was very good and the people were very nice. Breakfast was so-so. we did not eat any other meals there. The Hotel store had a good variety of "Stuff" should you need something. It's close to all the shopping and the rates are very good. Solid four out of five.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We just spent two days at this Residence Inn. The room was huge by Chicago hotel standards. The facility was very clean. The one problem that we encountered was heat control. Even with the heat turned off we had to open a window to cool the room for sleeping.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I hardly ever write reviews, but I feel compelled to write this one. This is one of my favorite hotels and I am a member of the Marriott Rewards program, so my family and I stay at Marriott’s often. The location and breakfast are great for families at this location so when we bring our son and his friends we always stay here. We came on February 17th- 19th for the Auto show and our group consisted of 8 people. Because we stay here at this location at least twice a year I knew that they give out certain little coupons for restaurants, they get them as a compliment from restaurants to encourage you to spend your money there. Anyway my at check-in I asked Dino who checked me in for “A” coupon card to “Bubba Gump’s” Restaurant, not several but just one for our group and he proceeded to lie and give me a coupon to some where we would never go. I found it very offensive and rude. The next morning we asked the desk person for one he pulled out a stack of “Bubba Gump” coupons and gave us one. The second thing is we booked through AAA rate, and this is noted on my Marriott rewards membership that I am a member of AAA. At check-in he wanted to see my membership card and I was fine with that but I notice the other two rooms which I booked for the other people in our party was not asked for their cards, they thought that was pretty funny since they are not AAA member and not Marriott rewards members. Over all Dino was one of the rudest employee’s that I have encountered with any of my stays with any of Marriott’s hotel chains. I would expect his conduct from a Super 8 hotel not a Marriott. Very disappointed with Dino’s conduct. I will be posting this on yelp, Tripadvosry and Marriott’s site.
Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AlexMuskegon_MI
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Its a clean hotel ,its in price range and it offers free wi-fi.
its one block away from michigan avenue and 20 min walk from navy pier.
the location is very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2012

After arriving to the wrong hotel, the front desk manager changed my reservation for me and greeted me with a smile. I had arrived about 25 minutes after the complimentary dinner was served and the kitchen host went above and beyond and made me a plate to take to my room. The next morning I over slept and caught the last the few mins of breakfast and the host helped me wrap my plate and carried my food upstairs for me. Everyone at the hotel was nice and very and friendly. Magnificent Mile was at my doorstep, which was a shoppers delight. Please reward your staff, as a Manager I know how important the small things are, and your staff and hotel got it all right thanks for making my first CHI town experiance a great one : )

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Chicago hotels
Downtown / The Loop
Near North Side
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Streeterville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

Address: 201 E Walton Pl, Chicago, IL 60611-1685 (Formerly Residence Inn Chicago Downtown)
Region: United States > Illinois > Chicago > Streeterville , Near North Side
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
#45 Family Hotel in Chicago
#49 Romantic Hotel in Chicago
#73 Business Hotel in Chicago
Price Range: €96 - €294 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago