All reviewswrigley fieldlake shore drivecubs gamesun roomafternoon cookiesquiet neighborhoodcontinental breakfastsitting roomwithin walking distancegreat neighborhoodyogurtqueen suitehard boiled eggstea and coffeean older buildingsmall hotelparking garage
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Our bed was right up against the wall which wasn't great.

The old aircon unit in the Window was very loud and made weird sounds all night (there was no central air). The TV was really old and not all the channels worked.

The mounting of the TV was also a hack job with a bunch of differently aligned ducting on the wall, which seemed reflective of the lack of attention to detail.

The breakfast was pastries, cereal and and boiled eggs. They were out of coffee and only had cinnamon teas (three flavours of cinnamon tea, but no other tea…). It was self service and the bin was overflowing. There were no staff checking on it. I wasn't expecting much but was still disappointed by it.

Parking was a pain to use so we ended up parking on the street instead.

They charged my room on the wrong card - not the card I gave them when I booked online and which I wanted them to use, but another card I gave them when they asked for one for incidentals.

There were decent snacks and drinks in the room, but that's about the only positive thing I can say.

I wouldn't stay again, and would rather stay further out of town and just get an Uber in (which would be cheaper and be a much better experience).

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Broughton H, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Mr. Collins,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very disappointed to read about your experience during your stay. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely important. We apologize for any inconvenience that you might have experience while being our guest.
We will take your comments and share them with our team and work harder to fix all the issues you encountered for a much better experience next time you stay with us. As goes for the credit card - we can't charge credit cards that are used to book the reservation unless we see it present when you check in. Once again please accept my sincere apologies and please reach out to me personally if I can be of further help.

Roxana Dumbrava

Reviewed 3 June 2018

My 22 year old daughter headed to Chicago for a long weekend. When she had problems with her Air BNB reservation I got out the computer and booked her into the Majestic. I mentioned on the online form that she was having a hard day and if they could be nice to her it would be appreciated. Boy were they!!! She called to tell me they were so kind. Made her feel much better about the Jerk from Air BNB. She also said the location in Wriggleyville was excellent. She liked toe room,breakfast and of course the afternoon coffee. For a hotel in this price range its outstanding. I actually lived in Chicago and she was born there so I can tell you that a stay here is a good choice compared to the hotels in the area that cost twice as much.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear MaryD.

I am very pleased to hear that your daughter was well cared for by our amazing team.All of your kind comments are most appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure of seeing you and your daughter again at The Majestic Hotel.

Best,

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We came to Chicago to watch a baseball game and selected the Majestic Hotel because of its location near the ball park (15 minute walk), and I was also intrigued by its sort of retro look on its website. We Ubered there from Midway Airport and found the hotel to be in a lovely quiet residential neighborhood. Inside it is indeed like stepping back to the 1940’s as far as decor and atmosphere, with a unassuming front desk and a lovely parlor/drawing room/breakfast area, (decorated with Cubs baseball memorabilia) with 1940’s era music playing softly in the background. It felt very comfortable and welcoming.
Of course the style may not be to some people’s taste if they are looking for a shiny chrome and steel hotel. I should note that the Majestic is not a new hotel trying to masquerade as a vintage building, it is truly, delightfully, vintage.
A very delightful woman named Mona checked us in and made us feel right at home. We were on the 3rd floor and used the quaint small elevator. For a nice touch to maintain the ‘40’s atmosphere, the hallway was carpeted with a style that looked old and worn but was actually not. Very clever. Our room had separate bedroom and living areas, with a TV in each. And it also had a fully stocked mini bar with prices about half of what I have seen in the chain hotels. Overall the room was very quiet and comfortable.
We did not have a car but I heard from other guests that parking was a problem, off-site, I believe, but I cannot speak to that.
The continental breakfast consisted of fresh pastries, toast, boiled eggs, juice, etc. And the coffee (Sumatran, according to Mona) was excellent.

BTW: You have all the modern stuff: great free wifi, electronic door locks, 2 TVs, etc.

Throughout our stay, Mona was just so nice. She spent a lot of time talking to us about the area, the hotel, and even her own very interesting life. She was great.
When we return to Chicago for another ballgame we will definitely stay here again.

P.S. A note about Uber: The choices for types of cars from the airport were limited to the more expensive ones and we probably would have paid less for a taxi. To return to the airport, we could not even get Uber to pick us up at the hotel. We tried for over 20 minutes and then had Mona at the hotel desk call a taxi for us. We payed less for the taxi ($42) than any of the quoted Uber prices. So beware of Uber here.

Room Tip: The elevator is small so if you have a large party, a lower floor would be more convenient so youcould use the stairs.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Desertrat2018,
There is no better and more appreciated compliment than to learn our guests are impressed and happy with our hotel and the service we strive to deliver every day. Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay and for your kind appraisal of Mona.

We can't wait to accommodate you in the near future!

Best,

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Nice boutique hotel, 6 blocks from Wrigley so walking distance .It is older and showing its age but staff is very friendly and informative (MONA) went out of her way to make sure we had what we needed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Chicago. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

The room description and pictures looked so nice and quaint on-line that we took a chance to book as it was within walking distance to Wrigley field. The check in staff was very friendly. However, upon entrance into the room, we found a run down room with worn/stained carpets, insects crawling and window unit air conditioners that revved every 5 minutes to Semi-truck audible levels that bolted you right out of sleep. My husband and I did not sleep but a few hours and considered leaving in the middle of the night.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Broughton H, General Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Mrs. and Mr. Merck,
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay at the Majestic Hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting all of your expectations during your visit. We want to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable with each one of their stays and I'm truly sorry that we fell short of doing so with you during your stay. I shared your review with the team and we are looking into fixing the issues you've had with your room. We leave our AC's on energy saver so they don't run all the time when the room is empty- maybe this was the reason it kept going on/off.