“Absolutely great customer service, Bravo!”

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Ranked #69 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Absolutely great customer service, Bravo!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We were working the Feb auto show convention and stayed here two weeks. From the warm welcome at front desk, to the management, bell staff, engineer, room service, housekeeping, everything was just wonderful. We stay in hotels a lot because Of the Auto shows, other hotels can learn a lot from the Hyatt! This was an extremely pleasant stay, I have high standards, used to be front office manager in Los Angeles.

• Stayed February 2012
HyattMcCormick, Reservations Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Amsterdam78,

Thanks for sharing such a warm and glowing review! Two weeks is a long time to be away from home, and I'm glad that we could provide you with a great experience.

Reservations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed 2 March 2012

To be sure, there’s no reason to stay at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, lest you have some sort of business at the convention center, and you want to be close to the reveling conventioneers. Really. The hotel is in many ways, quite nice, but there are better choices for anyone wishing to enjoy Chicago outside the trade show du jour.

But in case you’re curious, or have set your sights on the next Boat and RV show… You will find the rooms have great views. You will also find the parking to be expensive. You’ll note the delightfully comfortable beds. You’ll also wonder inquisitively at the ludicrous bathroom design. It won’t bother you, but you’ll ponder the reasoning. You’ll doubtless come across some very happy (AKA plastered) middle-age party-goers, thrilled to be in the Windy City for work, in the hopping bar, and the elevator, and the lobby, and the halls…

BUT MOST OF ALL, you’ll notice that you’re staying in what appears to be a shopping Mall or airport. Stores. Starbucks. Vacuous spaces with vending machines selling things that should be free. And mall music. Mall music. Everywhere.

Would I return? Well, were I to be an invitee at the Belt and Accessories Fair or keynote speaker at the International Pipe Fitter’s conference, then maybe. Actually, no. Even then, I’d stay uptown and take a cab.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Fly_With_Kenny
Dear Silent Crow,

I apologize that our decor and music were not pleasing to you, but I'm glad that you enjoyed the sleep quality, cleanliness of the rooms, and comfort of the beds. We are currently renovating and expanding our property. I invite you to please consider staying with us again in the future once we unveil our new product!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Overall a nice hotel -- attractive, spacious, clean, extremely convenient location for McCormick Place.

Unfortunately, our room was noisy due to an apparent wind tunnel-effect, which made sleeping difficult.

The bellhops and valets were friendly and helpful, and made our return trip to O'Hare very easy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear ADB16,

I apologize that the wind kept you up at night! We have ear plugs and sound machines available to help you get a good night's rest. We'll be happy to deliver those to your room should your travels bring you back to Chicago. Thank you for your nice feedback regarding our bell and valet staff. We appreciate it!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I got the room via Priceline for a Chicago Bulls game. Apparently I should have seen what was going on in the area. The Hyatt's parking was $30 a night because the 2012 Auto Show was happening! Because of our busy day we only booked one night of the over priced parking and one night down the road.

There isn't much dining selections outside the hotel so my boyfriend and I settled for the sports bar place there. The waiter was really nice and talked to us and told us to sign up for Hyatt Gold Passport because if you book two nights, you get one night free. I asked him if it counted if I bought Priceline. He assured me that the program did. They slipped my bill under the door and it had an unknown gratuity charge that I was never charged before at any Hyatt. I went downstairs to the receptionist and explained it to him so the charge was removed. (I left cash on the table) I also signed up for Hyatt Gold Passport. Somehow the nice receptionist decided to charge me another night of $30 parking! I emailed Hyatt about my issues and they responded that buying through Priceline doesn't count and they will email me back about my parking charge. I'm still waiting. It's been over a week!

So overall the parking was outrageous! The hotel was clean. The bathroom was outdated. So unless you are working at the McCormick Convention Center. Stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Room 1016 had a boring view of the front of the McCormick Convention Center when the Receptionist sa...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear TravlinQueale,

It seems that we created a lot of uneccessary confusion during your stay for which we are very sorry! Our self-parking is $32/night with unlimited in/out privileges at all times. Please know that we do not inflate our prices during shows or conventions! I apologize that your server was not knowledgeable about the details of our Hyatt Gold Passport programs. I have shared your review with our Senior Management team to have them remind all of our employees to stay abreast of Hyatt Gold Passport. Please again accept our sincere apologies for the confusion and inconvenience we have caused you. We appreciate your business.

Houston, TX
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here through Priceline with my husband. When I arrived to check in the lady at the desk was very nice. However, she misunderstood my name and actually checked me into an already occupied room. When my husband and I walked in it took me a few seconds to realize the room was already occupied since the occupant was so neat with their clothing and things. We went downstairs where the desk clerk realized that she mistook my last name and put me into a room that was already occupied. She did give us a voucher for the restaurant that was very generous. The room we had was very nice (although the room we originally had seemed to be nicer). It seems like they do many conventions and weddings at the hotel.

The on site restaurant was cute. The hotel has easy access to the Metra but poor access to the CTA. The location was not that convenient to touristy things. The hotel itself was very nice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear fallingleaf21,

I'm sorry to hear about the mix up at check in, but I'm pleased to read that our front desk agent took care of the issue quickly and efficiently for you! We are a few blocks from the CTA subways, but the #3 CTA bus stops right in front of the hotel and takes you up Michigan Ave to the Loop, Millenium Park, the Magnificent Mile and more! Thank you for staying with us!