“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #129 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

We were in town for a short meeting and the hotel was very close to that, but a little far from all the downtown action. We arrived very late at night after a long and the night staff was wonderful. I wish I would have gotten the woman at the front desk's name -- she checked us in quickly and with a smile. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. The shower was awesome with fantastic water pressure. Nice workout room. The cost to park seemed a bit high but it is Chicago! Had a fantastic salad in the restaurant and the bartender was very accommodating--even making us his very own "Chicago Snow" drink!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CHIDM, Manager at Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
nancecar,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, and for your kind comment about the Evening Front Desk Staff; I will make sure to share it with them. The bartender you speak of is Jim, and he is definitely one of the best bartenders around, as we've been fortunate to have him as a part of our Team for over 4 years now.

I am also very pleased to learn of your satisfaction with the shower pressure and cleanliness of your room. Last year, our Housekeeping Department was ranked in the top 10% off all Marriotts in North America!

I do understand that our parking rates can seem a bit on the high side, but when compared with rates of other Hotels in Downtown Chicago, we're almost half-off.

I know that you have many options of where to stay when you travel, so it's very important to us to make our Guests feel comfortable and "at home". Please feel welcome to contact me if you are in Chicago again soon and thank you again for the review.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Byram, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Was in town for a short time and my friend used her points to get us a room. Staff at the front desk were super nice during check-in. The valet attendants were all the best. Kudos to the staff at this hotel. The hotel sits across from the hospital and is easy to get to (our directions took us straight there). The rooms were nice. The bed was a little soft, but it was bearable. A little cramped from what I've experienced at other Marriott's but it was nice and clean. The bathroom was the typical hotel size and it was clean. The only problem I had was the water took a long time to get hot and there was not hot/cold reference in the shower. You had to turn it this way and that way until you got it to the correct temp. But overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CHIDM, Manager at Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC, responded to this review, 26 November 2011
TravelingMomma73,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, and I am so happy to hear how satisfied you were with our Staff along with the cleanliness of your room; I will certainly share that with them. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with the hot water and temperature indicators; please accept my most sincere apologies. I have checked the room you stayed-in, and can verify that everything is currently in proper working order.

Please feel welcome to contact me if you are in Chicago again soon, and I thank you again for your review.

Kalamazoo, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I thought this hotel was clean and the location was sufficient for a stay with regards to the conference I was at. Not a good location to vacation in Chicago. The staff was courteous, however, the internet was down for 2 days and the staff had no time frame or understanding of what the problem was.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hohenwald, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

Just spent five days at this hotel. Staff was very nice- the night shift was excellent! Loved the Starbucks coffee in the restaurant. Buffet was good. Room was very clean - loved the bed linens. Hotel was quiet. Very good stay - wished I had checked more on shuttle service since I was left at hotel while husband was off on business. We made do, but it might have been easier if I had checked on it. Staff recommendations for dining were excellent. Enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CHIDM, Manager at Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
schoolmarm2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, and I am so happy to hear how satisfied you are. I appreciate your kind words concerning our staff and facilities, and will make sure to share them with our Team. I know that you have many options of where to stay when you travel, so it's very important to us to make our Guests feel comfortable and "at home". Please feel welcome to contact me if you are in Chicago again soon, and I wish you and your husband the most pleasant of journeys.

New England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Just spent the weekend at the Chicago Marriott. Had a decent price via Priceline. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Hotel is not in a very convenient location in terms of visiting tourist attractions. Neighborhood was ok. The hotel is close to the blue line, but a trek to places like Wrigley. Hotel has minimal amenities-there is no coffee in the lobby for example. Also had the usual absurd hotel restaurant prices with not many choices in the immediate area. Also had the usual 4 dollar water in the room. People at the front desk were very nice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CHIDM, Manager at Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Liverneck,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and the service our Staff provided; I will certainly share your appreciation with them.

I am disappointed to read that you found the rest of your stay to be "average". Many of our guests find our Hotel to be very convenient to the major tourist attractions. As you stated, our Hotel is only 2 blocks away from the Blue Line train station, and it is the same to the Pink Line train station; it is only a matter of minutes from there to The Loop. Wrigley Field is easily accessible by both train or local bus; there are no major hotels located by the stadium. I am also sorry that you were unable to locate, or were not informed of our Starbucks service at the Lobby Bar; it is available every day, morning through night. There are many dining options close to the Hotel. Aside from our popular in-house Rooks Corner (which is very competitively priced for like-establishments), we are only 2 blocks from Little Italy and less than a mile from Greektown. Our complimentary shuttle can take our guests there or anywhere else within a 1 mile radius, which also includes the United Center. Finally, our in-room water is only $3 per bottle, or a bottle of Aquafina is $2 from our Gift Shop Cooler.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback, as it's very important to us to gauge how we're performing.

If you're in Chicago again, please don't hesitate to contact me.