5,385 results
All reviews the river great location trump tower a river view room the penthouse the corner bakery within walking distance the magnificent mile large room corner room millennium park the loop would definitely stay here again valet parking michigan avenue navy pier an upgrade
Reviewed 12 October 2015

We had a wonderful time.staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Room was clean ,well stocked and updated. Nice place to stay all around.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Juli C, Director of Rooms at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear leonap866,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand Chicago to host you on your recent visit to Chicago. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful time with us while exploring our beautiful city. We take a lot of pride to ensure our guest experience is nothing less than flawless.

We look forward to hosting you again on your return trip to Chicago!

Reviewed 12 October 2015

The location of the Wyndham near the Chicago river is perfect. Stunning view if you have a riverside room. The rooms are a bit dark, furniture looks quite used. The room rates are fairly high. I was expecting that one gets new showergel and shampoo each day, but that was not the case. Nothing was replaced in the bathroom. The staff is very friendly, but not interested in complaints. I tried to complain while checking out, but the receptionist did not let me finish my sentence.
The Wifi signal in the room is sometimes not working.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Juli C, Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear BineSS,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are fortunate to have amazing views of the river! I do apologize for the inconsistencies you found with the room and service. Your feedback will be shared with our staff to improve our service and product.
I hope you will give us another try on your next visit to the windy city to ensure your next visit is nothing less than flawless.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

This hotel is lovely. I was a little skeptical due to some of the other posted reviews (e.g. noise and rude reception).
We had no problem with either. From the front desk onward, we were totally pleased. We had a river view room (available on request) and the view was spectacular. Being right on the Chicago river was a real plus. It was close to downtown, river north, Navy pier and the parks. We walked everywhere. It was also less expensive than some of the other river hotels. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2015

Dear pennymarrow,

Welcome back home! Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am delighted hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff delivered exceptional service. We are fortunate to have one of the best views in the city, our river view rooms are amazing!
We look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit back home!

Reviewed 11 October 2015

I hate to say it but I have had a very bad experience with may last stay at Wyndham Grand Chicago.
1. Beginning with extra charge to a room with a view.
2. A broken room door that was not fixed although I informed the security about it.
3. The shower water stream was weak and unpleasant.
4. And most disturbing of all, my room was locked and the keys did not work at 12:45pm although I have asked for a late check-out at 1:30pm. I had to go down to the lobby and back up, and than down again and back up (because the keys did not work on the first time). That whole saga took me about 20 minutes and almost cause me to miss my flight.

During my trip I also stayed at Dana Hotel downtown and at Hyatt Rosemont in both I had a great and welcoming experience and I would love to recommend them.

To sum it up, although I'm a returning visitor in Wyndham Grand, I did not have a good experience, and I doubt if I'll ever come back or recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Juli C, Director of Rooms at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

Dear drb696,

I am so very sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay with us on your return visit with the Wyndham Grand. Unfortunately, our river view rooms are a higher classification of room and do come with a higher fee and a little bit more room. This can be selected either upon booking the reservation or upon check in depending on availability.

I will be sure to have the engineering team look into the door and the low water pressure you experienced during your visit. Your security and comfort are two of our highest priorities for our guests'.

Unfortunately, our keys are programmed to cancel out at our check out time which is noon. Upon extending a later check out the keys will need to be reprogrammed at the Front Desk to last until your designated departure time. I do apologize if this was not brought to your attention while inquiring about check out. I will be sure to remind our staff to inform the guests'.

We hope you will give us another try to enhance your guest experience on your next visit to the Windy City.

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

My family visited Wyndham Grand Chicago before my husband deployed. What a beautiful establishment. The view was of the river and was breathtaking. The suite was perfect for our family of five. The staff was friendly. The only negative was the $15.00 per night charge for parking.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tanya1913,

First and foremost - Please extend a BIG Thank You to your husband for his services and all he does for our country.

I am filled with joy to know that the Wyndham Grand was able to make such a great impression on such an important family trip. Our location and views never get old but, actually get better with the change of seasons!

We look forward to hosting you and your family again on your next trip back to Chicago!