5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$187
PricelineUS$187
Hotels.comUS$187
Agoda.comUS$187
eDreamsUS$187
Trip.comUS$221
1,688 results
All reviews the loop great location front desk willis tower free breakfast chicago downtown brick wall great stay walking distance spacious rooms would stay again millennium park business trip block sofa valet hamilton
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2021

I will follow the tips that are given to write a good review. Starting with the service that my family and I experienced. Well to put it quite frank, there was no service. Due to Covid, rooms are only being serviced every 4 days. There is only 1 1/4 toilet paper rolls in the bathroom and 4 towels. If you need/want more you have to wait in line at the front desk to request some. I ran into housekeeping twice during my stay and they were very unfriendly. The girl at the front desk was friendly and my family and I had checked in early. It was not stated on the website that this would cost a fee, so beware.We were given two keys in which only one of them worked. Moving onto the bedroom, the comforters on the beds were dingy white and looked nasty. Several of the pillowcases had pen marks all over them and I found a hair on one of my pillows and at one point I found a bug on mine. The beds overall looked like they were made in a rush and were sloppy. There was also a spit wad on the wall. The bathroom had a frosted door, which you could see through and the lock on it did not work. The stay came with a conditioner but no shampoo. The worst part about the bathroom was that there was no fan. There was no privacy and you could everything, every bodily function. The fridge in the room did not work and there was no microwave. The t.v. was decent, but I wish there was a guide. The walls were paper thin and you could hear your neighbors talking. There was also this constant slamming on the walls that shook the whole room. It is also important to mention that only two electric ports worked and we tried to plug in all of our electronics to charge and the rest in the room (at least six others) didn’t work, including the bathroom. The WORST part of the room was the false advertisement. The "view" shown on their website was beautiful. Our "view" was a brick wall. Not only this, but the window was so tinted that there was no light at all. It felt like night time all day long. The few lamps in the room did not help. This was the biggest scam because apparently in order to get a "view" it is an up charge. If this is the case, don't advertise rooms on your sight as having "views". The location of the hotel was good. A majority of attractions were within 25 minutes. The amenities at this hotel were also awful. The pool is open for reserved spots so my family and I did not go. The site also claimed to have a bar, which is false. They had a small counter with a few bottles of wine and some Coors. The breakfast was the worst part. My family and I went down to the breakfast area 50 minutes after it started and the place was filthy. There was food everywhere and it obviously had not been attended to. Not only this, but the so called "breakfast" consisted of rubbery bagels, soggy avocado toast kit, crappy cereals that were gone, drinks that were gone, and oatmeal packets with no microwave. If you are going to advertise a free breakfast, make sure there is something to serve first and make sure it's something decent. Apparently there were other drinks and breakfast items, but they would cost you. Worst "free breakfast" I have ever seen. The elevators are also horrible. You are better off taking the stairs as waiting for an elevator is a minimum wait of 10 minutes. On our second day of our stay, my family and I got stuck in the elevator and had to go down several floors just to take the stairs. Overall, this hotel stated false claims on their website to lure guests in. The view sucks because there isn't one, the rooms are not clean, breakfast was awful, and there was no service. Do not stay here. You can pay the same price or even less for somewhere that has a real view. I will not be returning to this scam of a hotel.

Room tip: Just Don't Bother Staying Here. Find Somewhere Else.
Date of stay: February 2021
Aaron Osheroff, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Downtown - The Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Thank you for sharing the feedback you have Stinso39, certainly some items for us to review and improve on as we continue to operate in this environment. Thank you again for taking the time to share.

Reviewed 23 February 2021

The staff was very helpful and informative. Considering it was snowing they kept the lobby very clean. the breakfast was very Covid prepared for guest to get what they needed. The food was diverse to meet the needs of my family.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Great!!! Thanks for the review Brian F! Thrilled to read you enjoyed and were very comfortable during your stay with the family! Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2021

The staff at this location was EXTREMELY rude & UNHELPFUL. This is a SELF-service hotel. First they will only clean your room every 4 days (I see Covid is NOT a factor). Second if you need additional towels the staff ask you to come to front desk (COVID NO social distancing), but of course GREED rules the world. Please do NOT waste your time nor money at this location. Still waiting on return calls from the GM & Hyatt corporate office (4 days AFTER my stay).

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Aaron Osheroff, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago/Downtown - The Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Mr. Burton,

I appreciated the opportunity to connect with you and review the current City of Chicago and the hotels Covid policies currently in place. I am happy after connecting we were able to change your impression of the hotel while sharing some insight regarding the impact of the pandemic on the service industry. First time pandemic travel may feel or look different, however, our wonderful people are the same and are providing quality CARE to our guests. Thanks you again for the opportunity to connect and walk through the travel experience, we hope to see you traveling again very soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2021

Clean hotel and compassionate staff. My favorite Hyatt Place overall. You get value for the money paid at this location. Not the hotel to plan for bar hopping, more of a business/ relaxation location.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Awesome, thank you so much for the excellent review mandelra45! We would love to host you again very soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2021

Front desk service was terrible ! Need to respect everyone equally
This is American hotel not a 3rd world country hotel everyone deserve respect . I was so upset about front desk personnel behavior! They are so unprofessional!!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hi shakuaarif! Thank you for the feedback, I can certainly can appreciate the frustration with your experience and would love to connect at your earliest opportunity. Please feel free to reach out to discuss in greater detail. Thanks again for taking the time to share.