7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$175
PricelineUS$175
Hotels.comUS$175
eDreamsUS$175
TripadvisorUS$175
FindHotelUS$193
3,231 results
All reviews navy pier great location whole foods lobby bar modern hotel the river room service floor to ceiling windows excellent hotel business trip comfortable beds corner room within walking distance michigan ave the magnificent mile starbucks concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2021

My husband and I booked this trip as a staycation, and it was quickly ruined by the cleanliness and customer service skills of the staff at the Loews. I’m a health care worker, and we are first time parents who were looking for a quick getaway. Rest and relaxation was NOT waiting for us at the Loews Chicago. My husband and I checked into our room and quickly left to go to dinner. Upon our return, we pulled back our sheets only to find DRIED BLOOD on our sheets. There was no way that this could have been ours, we had not been in the bed once since checking into the hotel. How can you be open and advertising your increased cleaning standards during a global pandemic and not bother to change the sheets?

When we called the front desk to notify them of the issue the front desk attendant did not show any empathy to our situation and demonstrated a total lack of customer service etiquette. A hotel that boats a 5 star rating did not deliver 5 star customer service. The attendant generally seemed skeptical of our situation, as if we were lying or making it up in order to get a rebate or to avoid paying for our stay. My husband and I travel frequently, and have never ran into an issue this alarming that would lead us to leave a review on a site.

Ultimately, we made the decision to leave the hotel at 1 AM, and drive home rather than staying at a hotel that we cannot trust to apply basic cleanliness standards during a global pandemic.

Bottom line, if you are looking for a clean hotel that you can trust during a pandemic, this is not it.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 581caleym
Loews ChicagoDT, General Manager at Loews Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

Dear 581caleym,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your stay at the Loews Chicago Hotel! We are disappointed to hear that we missed the mark on this visit. It is my understanding that one of our Senior Manager was in touch and addressed your concerns directly. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2021

Was not happy with the interaction of the staff and charges.
We were treated terrible and it ruined our weekend getaway with our family. It just ruined the festive mood we were in. I don’t understand the issue with our room. Others were letting their children run up and down the halls and I am sure they didn’t have an issue

Dear evelynborges319,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay at the Loews Chicago Hotel. I am disappointed to hear that we missed the mark on your visit. I appreciate the feedback and will share with the appropriate departments as we continue to look for ways to improve our service execution. it is truly my hope that we will have an opportunity to serve again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2021

Stay over the weekend with children and a pet and both enjoyed this hotel. Amazing views, staff were kind and respectful of the children when they called the front desk with questions. The location is very close to so much (even in the age of Covid) but it was set back enough for it also to feel private (important if you are in a busy downtown area with children).

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Loews ChicagoDT, General Manager at Loews Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2021

Dear Isimey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a five star review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago Hotel. I am thrilled to hear about your wonderful experience. We appreciate your compliments and kind words about the property and the staff. We appreciate the review and we are grateful for your business. We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2021

Although Covid limited some services, management and staff were over the top! They helped with everything. Lobby was nice. Great to have Starbucks right in the lobby. This was very important with the restrictions on dining. Very clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear TravelerPB01,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a five star review about your recent stay at Loews Chicago Hotel. I am thrilled to hear about your wonderful experience. We appreciate the five star review and we are grateful for your business. We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Reviewed 16 January 2021

Expensive for the size and features of the room me and my husband had (we were visiting relatives for Thanksgiving), terrible view of Chicago (no lake). There was Hair in the shower - that was Icky gross.

Date of stay: November 2020
Loews ChicagoDT, General Manager at Loews Chicago Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2021

Dear wendyCVA,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay at Loews Chicago Hotel. I disappointed to hear that we missed the mark on this visit. We have shared your concerns with our Housekeeping Leadership Team. We appreciate your feedback and our team looks forward to serving you again in the near future!

Many Thanks,