“Imperial Wagyu Reserve”
Review of RPM Steak

RPM Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
RPM Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 10,184 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$85 - US$95
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, RPM Steak is a modern take on the traditional steakhouse and features a contemporary, chef-driven menu, an award-winning wine list and a well-curated craft cocktail program. The sister restaurant to RPM Italian, RPM Steak marks the second collaboration between partners RJ, Jerrod and Molly Melman, celebrity couple Bill and Giuliana Rancic and acclaimed chef Doug Psaltis. The space itself is an impressive 11,000 square feet and boasts an elegant sunken dining room with classic architecture and modern design. Perfect for a night on the town, a business dinner or simply drinks with friends, RPM Steak brings approachable sophistication to every dining experience.
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Great upscale steak restaurant for business or pleasure. Had a drink at before dinner and bar staff were attentive and understood how to make a great cocktail. Great date spot, food was excellent, prepared correctly and with attention to detail. I opted for the American Imperial Wagyu Reserve 12oz strip. Ordered it medium with nothing but the seasoning blend they offer and it was really fantastic. The seasoning wasn't overpowering and complimented the richness of the beef so well. Don't miss out on the millionaire's potatoes. Talk about rich and delicious. Our server was very attentive and helpful. I initially decided to order some of the Japanese Wagyu because price point was similar, however the informed me it was only a 3 oz serving. I say only, not bc I wouldn't expect to pay that for such a fine cut, but I wanted a more hearty serving. He was very informative with helping me choose a steak. Never felt rushed while dinning and had a great booth to people watch from. Highly recommend this place. Only negative was the key lime pie dessert; the crust was rock hard.

1  Thank TravisKohl

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This was my fifth visit to RPM Steak with out of town business guests and it was great as always. The steaks are among the best in Chicago my guests tell me they have not had better steaks anywhere. The combination of quality and service makes it my choice for best steakhouse in Chicago. We split the tomahawk ribeye and the "Duke" (a center cut from the ribeye) among 4 of us and there was plenty of beef for all. We split a wedge salad (which on the server's recommendation was chopped for easier sharing) and a kale salad. Both were excellent. For sides we had brussel sprouts, asparagus, mushroom ragu, and fries. All were cooked and seasoned perfectly. This is definitely an expensive restaurant but you really get what you pay for. If you are on a quest for the best steak in America you should but RPM Steak on your list.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

WE had wonderful cocktails before dinner. Our starters, Steak and sides were among the best that I have had in recent times. Our server was wonderful and helped us through the decision process. The menu has many choices which all sound great, so it hard to make a final decision.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

It was a nice place with good food, drinks and scenery. I had in season soft shell crab as an appetizer and then the 12 oz sirloin medium rare for dinner. The steak was a little dry vs. The usual medium rare served elsewhere.

Drinks were great and I had a dirty martini with titos.

It was a nice dinner but too expensive (>$125) for a drink, an appetizer, steak, no coffee or dessert.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We love RPM Steak and try to visit several times a year! The food is amazing, the service impeccable, and they always end every meal with a unique surprise! RPM Steak is a must visit when your n CHICAGO!

1  Thank FrankFern

Been to RPM Steak? Share your experiences!