“Glad I did the research-Awesome”

Chicago’s First Lady Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Only the Chicago Architecture Foundation and Chicago's First Lady Cruises can showcase Chicago's world renowned city architecture with style, class and comfort. Open-air and air-conditioned seating is available. Learn about the architecture and design of over 50 buildings as described by CAF-Certified Volunteer Docents/Guides. Don't settle for imitations, look for the CAF logo. Full Service Bar onboard each vessel. 90-minute river architecture cruises depart daily. Cruising season May - November. All tours depart from Riverside Gardens, Michigan Ave. and Wacker Dr. (Southeast corner of the Michigan Avenue Bridge). Look for our blue awning.
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I knew there were many architectural tours including a Groupon one that gets terrible reviews. Once I learned that these tours were led by docents I was hooked and it was well worth it. Mary was our tour guide and as a life long Chicagoan and former history teacher, she was a wealth of information. I learned so much in the 90 minutes the tour took on the Chicago River.

The cost was $35. You can book online with Ticketmaster for another $6, which I am too cheap to do. This almost cost me as when I arrived at 9:40 a..m. Monday the 10 a.m. was already sold out. However, I was able to purchase a ticket for the 11:00 a.m. You can also buy tickets in advance at the ticket window.

Highly recommended.

Cheers.

Marius

There are newer reviews for Chicago’s First Lady Cruises

Reviewed 3 October 2011

we really enjoyed this river cruise. it was a brand new yacht at the time. the length is perfect and the guide was a volunteer from the chicago architerual society and she was excellent. we took an evening cruise afterwork so the sun didn't make it in too many of our photos. we made an outstanding album of the chicago skyline.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

After living in downtown Chicago for a while and returning to visit I decided we needed to try this tour. I've heard that it was wonderful from others, but we had never taken the time to experience it ourselves. I will have to say....this was such a fun and beautiful way to take in the sights and history of this beautiful city. I learned so much and have a greater appreciation for city and it's architecture. I highly recommend doing this on your visit. I did it on a nice summer day in the morning, so it was not too hot and was quite pleasant. You won't be dissappointed!

Reviewed 1 October 2011

THe trip was a little long, but honestly it was probably because we were with our 3.5 year old son. He loves boats and I thought he'd love the tall buildings. He was really doing great, talking *really* quietly to me about the tall buildings, until we got "shushed" by the tour guide. I guess she honestly thought everyone should just shut up and listen to her talk about the buildings for two hours. Whether you have kids or not, this is not a trip to socialize on - if you want to have a relaxing boat ride and even quietly talk to your friends or family, forget this cruise. Definitely skip it if you have kids. If you are really into learning about architecture, this is a great tour - the tour guide is extremely knowledgeable and you will learn a lot.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

This boat trip is a great way to see the city , and to appriciate it's architecture. Our guide Barry was great , and the 90 min. we spent with him went by soo fast ! I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting this wonderfull city.