See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We had stayed here before. But the quality has gone downhill. The place is in need of a serious upgrade. The towels aren't brought to the room. You must get them. They are also thin and feel like sandpaper. It is not worth the money.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

After a long drive from NYC to Chicago we were greeted very disrespectfully. The staff was very rude and had a bad attitude as if we had done something wrong as soon as we walked in. The lights were off so we didn't even know it was the office. I had to ask and she had with such an attitude saying yes ? I asked where do we check in. And she said it with disgust. Um here ? The room was disgusting . Stains on bed sheets and cigarettes burns on blankets. Room was lacking many things to be comfortable and it felt so dirty. Had to request clean sheets to put over the bed and not even think of using the blankets. Just put it aside.
Felt very unsafe with non stop noise form people outside all night.
At 4.30am in the morning we get a non-stop call to our room from the staff asking what name we are booked under. At 4.30am ?? Who calls at that time?? Very unprofessional and inconsiderate.
The shower was very low pressure barely giving us a rinse after such a long travel. Just overall horrible experience. Do not ever recommend to anyone. Very shady place .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Bedbugs: Kind of a big deal. (I use "kind of" sarcastically. They are actually a major deal. A giant problem. A huge nightmare to get rid of.) A year ago, we visited a Great Wolf Lodge and, I believe, ended up with bedbugs because of it. A year ago, I never checked my hotel rooms for bedbugs. A year ago, I was naive. Now I am well informed. I check every hotel room we enter. Every square inch of the beds and furniture. It takes me sometimes near 20 minutes, but IT'S WORTH IT. Going through a bedbug infestation was an absolute nightmare: I'm not exaggerating. I will never let it happen again.

And I never want it to happen to anyone else. In my opinion, this place has a major bedbug problem and they know it. The first room I entered, I found a live one on the bed skirt after about 10 minutes of searching. The mattresses were obviously new, but I was shocked to see no bedbug barrier on the mattress or boxspring. I captured the bug so I could show it to the front desk. They were not as shocked or appalled as I expected them to be. In fact, not surprised at all. They were however apologetic. And offered to place us in another room. I said that was fine as long as it was not next to that room. In the new room they put me in, it took me 30 secs to find evidence. I moved both beds away from the wall to find the back end of the mattresses COVERED in blood and feces from the bedbugs. I actually did not find any bugs in this room, but I didn't try after I saw that. Once again, no bedbug barriers on the mattresses. After that, I decided I was absolutely not comfortable staying in this hotel.
The young ladies at the front desk were apologetic and offered to move us to another hotel that was a similar price. I had used my Choice Hotel Rewards points to purchase the room, so they were unable to resolve the issue (that's entirely another issue in itself that I find Choice Hotels responsible for, not this Rodeway Inn). The reason I'm not giving this hotel a terrible rating is that the staff was friendly and tried what they could to accommodate us. I also think they were not normally working the desk because they had to call a manager several times. The conversations the young lady had with her manager on the phone also made me think the bedbug thing was not a surprise. The conversation had an air of familiarity to the young girl on the phone. If it was me learning of a bedbug issue in my hotel, I would be doing everything I could immediately to resolve the issue. Including a personal apology from the manager.

If this hotel was bedbug free, I might recommend it to anyone on a budget. But I don't care how tight your budget is; If the only hotel you can afford is a bedbug-ridden hotel, don't travel. It will end up costing you more money in the end. Treatments, furniture replacement, toy replacement and your sanity. Don't risk it. Sleep in your car if you have to.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 162rachelv
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Room was gross. Hole under the external door. Curtains did not close all the way. Police called to hotel non stop. Shower head coming out of wall. Stains on bed. Scrapes on wall. Holes in lampshade. Thin blankets. Tiny coffee maker and the coffee refills given are way to big for this machine. Provide towels are hand towels. The shower floor was not cleaned before we got there. TV was tiny. No closet or suitcase racks. Shower head coming out of wall. No soap dish in shower. The staff was stupid. Asked for coffee and had to go back to front desk five hours later to ask again because they will not answer the phone. Need I go on?

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jenniferharper9
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Rooms are clean, and have a coffee makers, which are both very good. Also, shower is a good size too, and the internet was very strong. But, they need to add some critical items: There are no closets (nowhere to hang coats, shirts, pants, dresses, etc..), nor suitcase stands (so you have to spread your suitcase out on the floor - not good!). Also, towels are only hand-towel size, need to be full human size! Parking is okay, and cost free, which is appreciated. The Asst. mgr is very accommodating, and customer focused (Great job, George!), and mentioned that they had recently renovated with all new furniture, which was evident. So, with the added items, and some improvements to the continental breakfast, they can get this hotel up to competitive levels with the big ones. Good luck, guys, get it going!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family