“Top notch gyros”

Central Gyros Restaurant
Ranked #1,589 of 10,730 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Central Gyros has long been noted for the best gyros. And after all the years that I have been going there, it has not changed and it is as good as ever. The staff is friendly. There is street parking plus free parking in a city garage across the street. Well worth a visit if you have a taste for Greek food and you don't want to make the trek to Greektown.

1  Thank Allen21096

Reviewed 13 February 2016

A lot of people go there and say after "IT'S THE BEST GYROS IN THE TOWN" and I totally agree. I love it!

Reviewed 12 January 2016

We have been going here for years. It is reliable, simple Greek food. Reasonably priced with parking in a free city garage across the street. Friendly servers makes this a nice place to catch a meal.

1  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed 21 August 2015

I used to work in area. We often come here for lunch. My favorites are egg lemon drop soup, Athenian chicken (crispy only) and lamb shank..... they are good! I often go back there for a good meal when in Chicago.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

I once worked in Chicago, not too far from Central Gyros and it was a frequent choice when we went out for lunch. It was my gold standard for gyros and after 11 years of living in Columbia, SC where they buy pre-sliced gyros meat and heat it up, put it on an often less than fresh pita and smother it with an inferior tzatziki sauce I was really ready for a return to this place. It's physical plant has been changed a bit but the gyros are still ......... you fill in the superlative. Saganaki was served with the flaming "Opa"and the roditys was chilled just right!